ML55 tank capacity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ab9758

Car
CL500 (W216) ex-ML500 ML63 AMG and ML55
I'm sure we owners know better than the handbook etc the true petrol capacity of our cars.

I've only used Shell petrol stations twice recently and on both occasions iI've clocked uunbelievable fills. The last one shows 98.91 litres with the estimated mileage remaining showing 38 miles.

After years of filling I have once squeezed in 92l, again at a Shell petrol station and remember asking when they last checked their gauges.
THe local staff aren't really able to help. Before I follow this up with Weights and Measures could I ask members their experiences and I accept I squeeze every drop once I went past 90l just to see what it would show

Last edited:
Why would you need to follow this up? I think your ML has a 100 litre fuel tank.

David

93Litres is the official figure.

Just checked my handbook and it says 95 litres no matter what model ML but I am sure I read somewhere the ML55 had a 100 litre tank.

On Wolfgang's ML site he tested running his ML to empty, he said it then took 19.5* gallons to first click, so 2 litres more than the official figure on his ML350, and after careful filling it took another 8.5 litres.

So a total of 9.5 litres above the official figure. So seems reasonable to get 98 litres in yours.

*US Gallons.

Just checked my handbook and it says 95 litres no matter what model ML but I am sure I read somewhere the ML55 had a 100 litre tank.

W164 is 95 litres.

83 litres for the W163's with the 55 AMG getting 93l from 2001+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom