Ml63 166 8.4 screen retro fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
Hi, Guys
Just looking at another ML63 and considering the screens that seem to be fitted replacing the factory screen.
There seems to be a few about, anyone done this?
8.4 looks like the size used and it almost looks like the later Gle screen but gives Apple Carplay and wifi.

Hi, Guys
Just looking at another ML63 and considering the screens that seem to be fitted replacing the factory screen.
There seems to be a few about, anyone done this?
8.4 looks like the size used and it almost looks like the later Gle screen but gives Apple Carplay and wifi.

Not seen those before. It looks like it replicates the standard look and feel at least in the main screen. Watching with interest.

Yes it seems to update the screen.
I have found a car that has almost every option inc P30 and has the cross stitched seats and door cards etc.
Problem is its black! I love black cars but as we know can be a real problem if not cared for.
Cannot get to see it with lockdown but looking forward to it and seen this screen that seems to be widely fitted.
Just waiting for Richard's point of view.

Yes it seems to update the screen.
I have found a car that has almost every option inc P30 and has the cross stitched seats and door cards etc.
Problem is its black! I love black cars but as we know can be a real problem if not cared for.
Cannot get to see it with lockdown but looking forward to it and seen this screen that seems to be widely fitted.
Just waiting for Richard's point of view.
One of mine is black with P30, so a nice choice! You’re right, it’s a pain to keep tip top but it looks great when it’s clean.

full

Don’t expect a positive review of the Android systems from @richard or me.....

What is the alternative ?

Don’t expect a positive review of the Android systems from @richard or me.....

Have you tried the latest ones? You hadn't in a previous thread a few months ago.

Have been running one for a couple of years now (the 10.25" one) and know 50+ others who are all running them, highly satisfied and wouldn't think twice about recommending them. Don't think any of them would entertain a Comand upgrade instead now which would be twice the price and deliver less functionality.

The world has moved on since the early units of 5 years ago which replaced the old unit. These are integrated with the OEM system, do not replace it. I appreciate they erode your existing business model, maybe you need to move forward as well and give people the option of both? There are those that won't want to do DIY, despite it being pretty simple.

Not seen those before. It looks like it replicates the standard look and feel at least in the main screen. Watching with interest.

They are very good. There are different models with different pricing, but still typically half the price of a less functioning Comand Upgrade.

Essentially they are screen replacements which bring through the OEM system, so you lose none of that, but you gain a full Android interface which means you can run native apps, or if you want they also support Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

I have put a cheap SIM card in mine and run Waze as the navigation system to get realtime route guidance (you probably only need a 1Gb / mth contract for just that). You can also tether it to your mobile phone hotspot if that works better.

I would have probably sold my car by now if weren't possible to enhance the OEM system with this.

Yes Interesting, the car has comand anyway, I did not no there was an upgrade on that anyway.
The bigger screen is what I like and apple car play etc.
Can you recommend a screen?

This looks good, it can input dash cam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom