Ml63 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
Hi, Just looking at possibly changing my 2009 ml63 for the later w166.

Looking at a couple now and found one but not sure if it has the performance package, the add says it has but no red callipers, is that the only clue?
I am getting the vin later and will look at the data card.

Im thinking of ml63. Love to hear about your ownership experience. Cost wise, any issues or faults. I often hear aout head bolts issues and key problems.

Sbk

I love mine, very powerful and drives a treat.
Might for sale soon if the 166 is what I am looking for so PM me for details.
Head bolts are an issue but not every car is affected and not a bad job anyway.
Most jobs on mine have been done including rebuilding the barkes, new discs pads and rebuilt callipers all painted in epoxy paint.

Data card will reveal whether it has Performance pack, but other visuals are a carbon fibre engine cover compared to the plain grey plastic one.

Last edited:
I looked at the same advert earlier. Bargain. Maybe even too good to be true. I was tempted myself, and the PP was part of the attraction.

As you say it has standard grey calipers, and the advert states the standard power output so I think it's a standard car with the upgraded steering wheel.

If you're serious about it, either the VIN or a photo of the engine cover would be next step with respect tow working out if it's a PP after all.

If that's a genuine car them it's a lot of can for the money.

bobby-dazzler-albums-w166-ml63-amg-picture10219-w166-ml63-amg-m157-carbon-fibre-engine-cover.jpg

Thats the engine picture anyway under the bonnet, not sure its carbon

Yep not carbon and same as mine, wouldn't let it put you off if everything else is good.

Just had the data card and no performance pack, not that it needed it!
Its just got the steering wheel on the data card.
Going tomorrow to look at it.

Just had the data card and no performance pack, not that it needed it!
Its just got the steering wheel on the data card.
Going tomorrow to look at it.

Good man. If you don't have it the. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it. It's bar far the cheapest I've seen.

Mine is up for sale now and deposit on the ML63 166!
Just need a sale on mine, seems mad having done all this work to it and then sell it but there you go.

Nice one! Is that the same one referred to further up this thread?

Yes it is, very tidy car, we went last week to see it, one owner car.

Yes it is, very tidy car, we went last week to see it, one owner car.

Well done, lovely car. I'm surprised it didn't sell sooner, as the price seemed incredibly when it listed originally.

Over 3 months it was for sale. Cannot wait to sell mine so I can pick it up.
It's a private sale so no px. But in no rush so as long as it takes.
It's got keyless go and entry, dab,digital TV ambient lighting, memory pack, logic 7 with HK.
Not sure what coding I can do if any but we will see.

Well we now have it, what a car, its mega, just have to learn how all the toys work, like park assist!
Only 3 things we found wrong, it took a while to see the front floor mats are LHD so the shape is not quite right, someone must have done an ebay job.
New mats coming now, you can only get a set of 4 and at £100 the set its not bad for MB parts.
And a tiny parking dink in the rear quarter so a dent man will fix that.
And one of the plastic springs in the large cup holder has pushed through, you can see it but looks like a strip down to get at it.
Almost went for another car but the toys where missing, so glad we went for this car.

Last edited:
Well we now have it, what a car, its mega, just have to learn how all the toys work, like park assist!
Only 3 things we found wrong, it took a while to see the front floor mats are LHD so the shape is not quite right, someone must have done an ebay job.
New mats coming now, you can only get a set of 4 and at £100 the set its not bad for MB parts.
And a tiny parking dink in the rear quarter so a dent man will fix that.
And one of the plastic springs in the large cup holder has pushed through, you can see it but looks like a strip down to get at it.
Almost went for another car but the toys where missing, so glad we went for this car.

This photo shows EXACTLY why this car was priced low. Its a ''ringer"...you were robbed.

EVERYONE !! knows that this model was supplied with a genuine MB bucket that was grey with a blue handle. The one shown is red with a yellow handle. From memory that is standard issue with a Ford Maverick circa 2001. :))

Nice car. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom