ML63 AMG Now Purchased

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks chaps, I must say I'm pretty happy with this purchase :thumb:

I can see a trip to MSL for one of there tuning boxes......you know it makes sense.

Daves 5.5TT E63 made 700BHP with the tuning box (which you can take off if required)

If it was my car that I used all the time then without doubt....but for the missus??

I also don't think the ML can take the full 700BHP+ potential because of transmission limitations - it has the regular Merc 7G+ box, rather the MCT in other models (hence for instance the previous 65 AMG's all had the ld 5 speed box because the 7 speeder couldn't handle the torque). I could be wrong though.

Very nice Andrew...but you're a nutter ;)

Very nice, yes you are a nutter. Come on let's see this offensive wood!

Nutter chaps?? But why? I've bought an eminently practical and all-rounder of car :D

Call me old, but I quite like Burr Walnut.

You don't need to be old to have dubious taste ;)

Nice to see a spare wheel!! Most of the cars I've been looking at lately have had a space and a can of carp sitting there... :D

Well, it's a wheel and it's spare but looking at the size of it, not sure it's going to facilitate much except very slow progress!

Sorry about the lack of pictures, just haven't had the time. Thank to The Don for 'outing' my sexy interior but for anyone who hasn't clicked the link for the advert (which no doubt will be taken down soon), here's a picture for all to see and ridicule as you see fit!

ML63Interior_zpsf9d3efa3.jpg

The good news is Gemclean are doing a full detail on it later this week. They're nowhere near me but from the pictures I've seen on the forum (particularly that black E63), Michael is worth the journey. After the success I've had on the M3, I'm having gtechniq's Crystal Serum and Exo V2 applied as it makes the car so smooth and easy to clean.

As for 'that' wood interior, AMG have confirmed they don't offer any services for the ML at the Design Studio :mad: I thought this a little odd until I remembered the ML is made in America, so they'll probably not have parts or expertise in Germany.

This means I either need to buy the replacement black ash wood trim (I'm waiting for a quote but am expecting big money) or find a trimmer who'll wrap the bits in Alcantara - I used d:class on one of previous C63's to have the headlining Alcantara trimmed so I may try them again.

This means I either need to buy the replacement black ash wood trim (I'm waiting for a quote but am expecting big money) or find a trimmer who'll wrap the bits in Alcantara - I used d:class on one of previous C63's to have the headlining Alcantara trimmed so I may try them again.

These guys did a panel replacement on my S211 seat bolster - a great job:
Trimmers, Upholstery, Car Hoods

Palmball got to appreciate the way you roll, it's a great read. I see the colour combo is the same as your white C63, a decent trimmer could easily sort out that trim.

Many congratulations on the new car. I give it 6 months for the inevitable change!

Palmball got to appreciate the way you roll, it's a great read. I see the colour combo is the same as your white C63, a decent trimmer could easily sort out that trim.

Many congratulations on the new car. I give it 6 months for the inevitable change!

Ha...your first post and yet you're fully aware of the 'trends' ;) Yes, colour combo is the same as the C63 which I don't mind - the C63 interior was a bit creamier/less beige, which I preferred. However, I'm glad I found an ML63 which isn't all black on the inside.

The replacement ash wood trim has come in at around £1300 for the parts - about what I expected unfortunately. Now just to see how much alcantara covering will be, which I assume will be significantly less.

I also don't think the ML can take the full 700BHP+ potential because of transmission limitations - it has the regular Merc 7G+ box, rather the MCT in other models (hence for instance the previous 65 AMG's all had the ld 5 speed box because the 7 speeder couldn't handle the torque). I could be wrong though.

Mines the 7G box not the MCT, there is a valve body and TCU upgrade that you can get that increases the line pressure on the "clutches" to help with the extra torque......ha ha no excuses now

Congratulations

Finally got some time to check back on this site and found out you have bought the ML63! Congratulations!! I hope you enjoy it! :D

As for the wood trim, the dark burr walnut is very nice and should cost much less than an AMG special conversion too. If the alcantara trim recovering is less then that should look great too!

14940538890_116bf9e0a3_z.jpg

What noise do you hear inside the car as you drive? (aside from the exhaust ;) ) Mine is quiet all round (aside from the exhaust).

Mines the 7G box not the MCT, there is a valve body and TCU upgrade that you can get that increases the line pressure on the "clutches" to help with the extra torque......ha ha no excuses now

You've thought of everything!

I could be tempted although it'd probably be a waste given the missus drives it 75% of the time! Also, even now it seems a bit odd having something so big and high which moves along so quickly.

Finally got some time to check back on this site and found out you have bought the ML63! Congratulations!! I hope you enjoy it! :D

As for the wood trim, the dark burr walnut is very nice and should cost much less than an AMG special conversion too. If the alcantara trim recovering is less then that should look great too!

14940538890_116bf9e0a3_z.jpg

What noise do you hear inside the car as you drive? (aside from the exhaust ;) ) Mine is quiet all round (aside from the exhaust).

Thanks and your dark wood looks much better.

AMG modifications are off - they don't do anything at all for the ML range. So, it's either £1,300 for dark wood or having it trimmed in alcantara...just need to find the time to get a quote!

Was just scrolling through the AMG lounge and this advert was at the top haha.

Jack

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 28
Would you not prefer to have the existing trim sprayed Piano Black?

Nice ML by the way, the look of them has really grown on me, although the rear still seems a little fussy.

Did you test drive the new RRS? What did you think?

This was August 2014, and this is Palmball, you need to replace 'are' for 'were'. :D

He doesn't keep his cars for more than a month or two. ;)

He still owns a ml63.

My God!!!! Is it his missus' car then? ;)

Sure is haha, but not the same original one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom