MM Service Deactivated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benz17

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350d AMG Premium (W213)
Hi All,
Last night I recieved a notification on my Mercedes Me app, informing me that a service for my vehicle has been deactivated, doesn't say what service, screen shot attached, I then looked through the services I have, and noticed internet in car shows deactivated, as I have never used this, I don't know if the Internet has always been deactivated, or this was done last night.

Anyone else had this message, and do others have Internet in car activated/deactivated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210626-222923_Mercedes me.jpg
    Screenshot_20210626-222923_Mercedes me.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210627-090827_Mercedes me.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-090827_Mercedes me.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 3
There was another thread about it recently.... would be interesting to know the cause. Have you tried the Mercedes me helpline?

There was another thread about it recently.... would be interesting to know the cause. Have you tried the Mercedes me helpline?
I would also, no haven’t called the helpline yet, I will be going out in the car shortly, will ascertain what if anything has changed in the settings, then take it from there. If it is the internet being deactivated, then I am not that fussed, as have never used it.

Just had a look at mine and this "Internet in the Car" one seems new to me: -

I tried to activate it and got the following message: -

You need a data package

To active the "Internet in the car" service you must have a data package with a mobile phone service provider.
It's easy:

1. Click on "Top up data volume"
  2. You will be redirected to the mobile phone service provider's website
  3. Top up your data volume there - this may take some time
  4. Done: The service will be activated automatically after topping up
Please note:
For topping up, the IMSI of your vehicle's SIM card will be transmitted to the mobile phone service provider. The IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) is a unique identification number for the SIM card.

I know that I used to have an "In Car Office" or similar, which stopped after 12 months service and since seems to have disappeared from the ME dashboard, so I'm wondering if this is it's replacement? Whatever it is, it won't be getting used so it's pointless me putting it on and paying anything for it, especially as it directs through to Vodafone who are not exactly known for their competitive deals.

So called the helpline, the gentleman said the services I have are all showing active, so I shouldn’t be concerned about that, he said it may just be a glitch with regards to the notification, strange but there you go. My money is still on them deactivating the internet, but for me it’s neither here nor there.

I've had those notifications 2 or 3 times. Nothing has changed apart from office in car going after the car was 12 months old.

I've had those notifications 2 or 3 times. Nothing has changed apart from office in car going after the car was 12 months old.
Thanks for that reassurance, I also can't see anything I use being deactivated.

I had the same message yesterday, internet is a pay to use service so always shows as deactivated unless you've bought a chunk of data. All my services looked fine.

I had the same message yesterday, internet is a pay to use service so always shows as deactivated unless you've bought a chunk of data. All my services looked fine.
Nope never bought any data, never noticed it stating deavitve, until yesterday, so thinking and looking at what could have been deactivated, and assumed it may have been the internet, but yes it probably was always showing deactivated, but apart from that all services are fine, and confirmed by MM helpline.

Had the car since August 2019, and this is the first time I have received this type of message, therefore was curious what the reason was behind it.

Thanks for that reassurance, I also can't see anything I use being deactivated.
Got another message this morning @04:30.
Still the same services remain, nothing is different

Just been catching up on the Germany W213 forum, apparently members on there have also received similar notification in the last 2 days🙁

They've been tinkering with the app a fair bit recently with several new versions in quick succession. I've been having a lot of issues with it hanging, and also repeatedly making my R129 the 'active' car. I've now deleted that and the W639 from my account (they've always been there, and caused no problems before).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom