Mmmmmmm Sexy..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice, but looks like the indicator and reverse lamps are still conventional bulbs.

Or they have the multi-LED 'bulbs' in the holders , i wonder if these lights come with a resistor thing ? when i put LED bulbs in my w124, the bulb failure light came on .... :(

Howard said:
Or they have the multi-LED 'bulbs' in the holders , i wonder if these lights come with a resistor thing ? when i put LED bulbs in my w124, the bulb failure light came on .... :(

Could be, but i wouldnt expect to see any yellow. The ones I use are all clear untill they light up. Your bulb light warning is normal when using multi-led bulbs, you can always put a load resistor on each bulb to fool the bulb failure circuit, ultraleds.co.uk is a great site, they do a pair for around £6 i think. The resistors are a must if you replace the indicators, as they'll flash too fast otherwise.

They are expensive too, you could buy a set of facelifted rear lenses for £60, a set of red, white and amber LED bulbs with resistors for £20 and hey presto , its done, save yourself £80. :)

Howard said:
They are expensive too, you could buy a set of facelifted rear lenses for £60, a set of red, white and amber LED bulbs with resistors for £20 and hey presto , its done, save yourself £80. :)

or think "hey, they'd look really tacky on my W124" and not buy them saving yourself £169.95

Why would they loook tacky ? :confused:

They are almost identical to the facelift lights.......

Howard, I think the keyword there is "almost".

Not many cars look as good as the W124 and most mods which look "almost" identical detract from the original clean lines.

I reckon that any "improvements" have to be incredibly subtle to work well. An inch on wheel size looks great whereas going up 2 looks awful, lowering the car 30mm (just like a sportline came out the factory) looks perfect but go any further and the car loses it's "shape".

I realise it's all subjective but in my opinion those lights would ruin the back of the car - mind you, I never really like the overall look of the facelifted W124s - couldn't see the point of the plastic side panels :)

Andy

The plastic side panels are there to catch water and dirt and help the door to rust quicker...... :rolleyes: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom