MO tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Is it an issue to have 1x MO tyre and 1x Standard tyre on same axle? Both are Michelin PS3.

Thanks.

No, assuming that they're both the same tread pattern, which I assume they are.

I'm not sure that there's ever been a definitive answer as to what exactly the difference with MO tyres is, some suggest that it might be to do with the acceptable tyre balance/'roundness' parameters etc., others have suggested slightly different compound but I doubt the latter.

No, assuming that they're both the same tread pattern, which I assume they are.

I'm not sure that there's ever been a definitive answer as to what exactly the difference with MO tyres is, some suggest that it might be to do with the acceptable tyre balance/'roundness' parameters etc., others have suggested slightly different compound but I doubt the latter.
Or just a different mould as you couldnt exactly mould the MO on after you have found it is round

As above there must be *some* difference or they wouldn't go to the trouble of having a different mould for them (and it's not like you pay any more for MO tyres). But unlikely you'd notice anything in the real world, IMO.

As above there must be *some* difference or they wouldn't go to the trouble of having a different mould for them (and it's not like you pay any more for MO tyres). But unlikely you'd notice anything in the real world, IMO.
I think they will be the exact same just different moulds ones with MO and AO1 for Audi's

They do actually cost more by a couple of quid

They don't create a different mould for each production date, the MO could easily be added later

Definitely some difference between say AO and MO tyres, for certain on 2x identical Continental tyres (Sport Contact 5 IIRC) the AO tyre had a totally different shaped rim protector edge part.

If you want to get really geeky you can measure the tread depth - inner, middle, outer - I’m sure they shape the tyres slightly to suit OEM geo etc.

In reality though not a huge issue for most people :)

Hi , I personally would not be happy to drive a car with different type of tyres on the same axle.

Know doubt not a problem until there is a problem !

Hi , I personally would not be happy to drive a car with different type of tyres on the same axle.

Know doubt not a problem until there is a problem !
I would not be concerned in the OP's position

2 Michelin PS3's are Michelin PS3's stamped MO or not. They are the same tyre.

Same brand same tread same thing

They will have a mould with interchangeable date stamp area / MO / AO1 or whatever
The date stamp is in a different area to the MO/AO moulding though, and as said they do differ slightly - it’s not just a stamp :)

The date stamp is in a different area to the MO/AO moulding though, and as said they do differ slightly - it’s not just a stamp :)
I still would not be concerned not even in the slightest.

Even same tread design on same axle is acceptable. Say a Michelin and a Continental Assymetric. Still fine. Although it would bug my OCD

Different tread patterns on same axle is a no no such as rotatational and assymetric.

I would also have issue with a premium brand and a chinese ditch finder on the same axle. That would also be a no no for me

2 Michelins one stamped MO and the other not I would not even bat an eyelid at that

I still would not be concerned not even in the slightest.

Even same tread design on same axle is acceptable. Say a Michelin and a Continental Assymetric. Still fine. Although it would bug my OCD

Different tread patterns on same axle is a no no such as rotatational and assymetric.

I would also have issue with a premium brand and a chinese ditch finder on the same axle. That would also be a no no for me

2 Michelins one stamped MO and the other not I would not even bat an eyelid at that
Sure, I understand your views here. Just that in your earlier post you were giving the impression that the tyres are all the same and they just stamp them with a date and add ‘MO’ or ‘AO1’ at the same time but that’s not the case.

It may not matter to most people and you may not notice any difference but it doesn’t mean that they are exactly the same :)

On Mps4s there is a £50 difference in price I asked the same question when black circles offered me the M01 tyres instead BobbyDazzler answered the question and there is a difference the thread is on here' Mps4s vs Mps4s M01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom