MO Tyres - 2003 SL500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leemc2008

Car
BMW e39 540i 4.4 V8
Hi all,

Have a 2003 SL500, standard 18" wheels so 285/35 18 rear and 255/40 18 front.

Currently fitted with MO Pirelli tyres, seeing at the car is 11 years old and tyres are always getting better.

Would MO tyres still be the correct way to go for replacing them? Looking at around £600 for Pirelli rears with Dunlop front MO rated or I can have a better choice of more brands if I ignore the Mercedes Original rating.

Does it really matter?

Thanks

Lee

Stick to MO. Pirelli give a great ride, I've always found dunlops too hard and rubbish in the wet.

No one knows for sure if MO matters, there have been quite a few threads about it. Most probably not, but even if it does matter, then the difference is hardly noticeable.

Said that, if your tyre of choice is available as MO, then I would advise that you opt for the MO version.

But I can see your point - you may fancy a brand new tyre design that is not yet available as MO, should you go for it, or stick to the older design with the MO markings?

I would say choose your tyre first, and then if it is available as MO, buy MO, but if your tyre of choice is not available as MO, then just buy it as is.

I currently have ContiPremiumContact 2 MO tyres, but if I need to replace them, then I would go for ContiPremiumContact 5, which are not currently available as MO.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

Currently fitted with MO Pirelli tyres, seeing at the car is 11 years old and tyres are always getting better.

Would MO tyres still be the correct way to go for replacing them? Looking at around £600 for Pirelli rears with Dunlop front MO rated or I can have a better choice of more brands if I ignore the Mercedes Original rating.

Does it really matter?

Thanks

Lee

£600 for the rears alone:eek:

Pirelli PZero Rosso 285/35 R18 101 Y XL MO » Oponeo.co.uk

£298 for a pair delivered free from above link.

Fronts from the same supplier, £294 for the pair delivered free.

Pirelli PZero Rosso 255/40 R18 99 Y ZR, MO » Oponeo.co.uk

Maybe £15 each for your local tyre fitter to put them on your rims, so around £650 for all 4 Pirelli MO tyres fitted. Sounds a bargain to me.:D

MO means the shoulder of the tyre is cambered in slightly.

Just fit Michelins and forget MO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom