MO UHP tyre failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi , just had a set of Cont 5p tyres fitted today.

Really pleased I stayed with these MO approved tyres.

Don't hold your breath...these are 5Ps that I'm having to scrap with 5mm still on them.

mn7RobA.jpg

Hi , I am just replacing on a like for like basis.

Looks out of shape to me but have you checked suspension ?

Feathered/stepped. You can see the shadow being cast by the height differences on the outside horizontal tread grooves.

Nothing wrong with the car, it's not very old, less than 15k on the clock and these are the factory fitted set. The tracking has always been ok when checked.

Feathered/stepped. You can see the shadow being cast by the height differences on the outside horizontal tread grooves.

Nothing wrong with the car, it's not very old, less than 15k on the clock and these are the factory fitted set. The tracking has always been ok when checked.
Hi , are they the front tyres ?

I have found Continental Tyres easy and understanding to deal with.

I would contact them and send them some photos of the tyres.

They've been rotated so have done service on front and rear. This is far from the first time I've seen this from Continentals, they have a well-established rep for feathering/stepping, especially when the tread gets low (the factory fit Conti SCs on the wife's Kuga have done this)

Contacting them would be a waste of time because:

1) with a couple of long journeys to do next week, I don't have the time to c*ck about waiting for them to get back to me about replacing them
2) I haven't directly paid for them (they were the factory fit) so the consumer rights are somewhat greyer.
3) they were pretty average, so I wouldn't want more of them when there are better offerings out there.

Last edited:
Ive only had stepped tyre's once on the rear of a mini sd coupe quite common apparently, they were Michelin primacy 3

It's actually an mot advisorie

Attachments

• IMG-20210820-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210820-WA0000.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 2
Not sure why people buy Continental 5 pence tyres in any form , it's an 11 year old design which is quite ancient in tyre design terms .

They've been rotated so have done service on front and rear. This is far from the first time I've seen this from Continentals, they have a well-established rep for feathering/stepping, especially when the tread gets low (the factory fit Conti SCs on the wife's Kuga have done this)

Contacting them would be a waste of time because:

1) with a couple of long journeys to do next week, I don't have the time to c*ck about waiting for them to get back to me about replacing them
2) I haven't directly paid for them (they were the factory fit) so the consumer rights are somewhat greyer.
3) they were pretty average, so I wouldn't want more of them when there are better offerings out there.

Not sure why people buy Continental 5 pence tyres in any form , it's an 11 year old design which is quite ancient in tyre design terms .
Hi , I understand what you are saying but on my car they are suberb (c207e400)

The judge of everything tyres in the UK is tyre reviews , extensive blind multiple testing in consistent controlled demanding conditions.

And as a further layer of confirmation is the public reviews .

What you have

Screenshot_20210821-204510_Chrome.jpg

And what I chose .

Screenshot_20210821-204401_Chrome.jpg

I've got contact Sport 6 on the c63 the last set was put on in 2018 and got 6k miles out of them fronts ok rears inside edge low, which I didn't think was bad 😮

Never had a problem with them tbh I dont rate the Michelin ps4s had them on the M3 and the RS changed them imo there's no difference ,as for wear waste of time worrying about that on a 63
But im not starting another debate that's been done to death
Both my c63s have had contact sport 6 on

Its still an advisorie then? Manual or not
I could put “owner sucks balls” as an advisory if i so desired but as being as an official document you really wouldnt want too

The point im getting at is that anything can be added under a manual advisory

Exactly its an official document for everyone to see

You would have to be really polite to correct that advisorie 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom