MO UHP tyre failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Exactly its an official document for everyone to see
Yea but “tyres stepped” isint an official advisory its 1 a tested had decided to add

Totally agree with you but to the normal person its an advisorie which needs sorting

Yes and is why the dvsa are always adding special notices for testers to always use the correct official adivsory instead of making them up yourself

Last edited:
I have used the Goodyear eagle tyres on my last 2 cars and never had any problems with cracking or splitting. Yes they are not cheap on the merc but they make a good car better that's for sure. Road noise is almost not there and grip is really good in all weather and the last set I put on my car I did 20k on them and they still had just under 3mm left on them but winter was coming so a new set was fitted. I really can't recommend these tyres enough and I will carry on fitting these on any car I own.

When looking at tyre reviews before making a purchase, many people make the mistake of opting blindly for the top tyre in the list.

Firstly, the overall score comprises of several features, and you need to look at the individual scores for each feature. For example, people will allocate varying degrees importance to features such as price, rolling resistance (economy), wear rate, comfort, and noise level (and personally, from that list I only care about the last two). The same applies to other features, I.e. for some people dry braking distance will be more important than wet handling, etc etc. The weight given by the reviewers to the score in each category will only very rarely exactly match your own preferences and needs.

Then, you really need to look very closely at the variance. If the top tyre scores (say) 99.7 in the wet handling, and the worst tyre acores (say) 98.9, then on a practical level you might just as well buy any one of the tyres that are on the test, because there's littleto tell them apart. This is an extreme example, but often the top 3 or 4 tyres score very closely on certain features.

And last, there's the relativity factor. So you get a tyre that was the winner in (say) 2016, but has now been pushed down to (say) 4th place by three new entrants. Does this make this tyre 'unsafe'? It is no different to saying that your W205 will become 'unsafe' once the safer W206 is released.

EDIT: The above points are in respect of any one review.... the other issue is that too often different reviews get to very different conclusions - ADAC, Auto Express, etc etc, rarely agree. This may be due to some scoring being subjective, or different test conditions, or different test drivers, or different cars (FWD/RWD etc), or different tyre sizes - I don't know. But the bottom line is that research is good, but don't be fooled into buying a tyre simply because it was rated as top tyre in a tyre test.

My research is based on experience most people hype on about x tyre because it was on the car when purchased and if its a performance car they must be the best as above everyone's opion is different look ar the f-type comes with p-zero's as standard I wouldn't have a set of them as a gift 😃 the new M3 comes with conty sport 6 as standard

Ive just read 1 review and he states he got 31,000 miles out of a rear set of ps4s on a c63 I think it must have been on axle stands 🤣🤣

Don't hold your breath...these are 5Ps that I'm having to scrap with 5mm still on them.

mn7RobA.jpg
Hi , when you rotate the tyres does the NSF tyre look like the photo after a period of time ?

Hi , so many reasons why this issue happens but looking at photos won't sort out the problem.

Tyres can be damaged so easily due to the state of the UK road or it could be a faulty tyre.

I would not want to drive on that tyre.

If you are going to change your tyres and don't want the 5p ask the tyre depot to send it back to Cont under complaint and ask for a report.

If it's faulty you should receive 50% refund and the form allows for tyres purchased on the car.

You have nothing to lose

Hi , so many reasons why this issue happens but looking at photos won't sort out the problem.

Tyres can be damaged so easily due to the state of the UK road or it could be a faulty tyre.

I would not want to drive on that tyre.

If you are going to change your tyres and don't want the 5p ask the tyre depot to send it back to Cont under complaint and ask for a report.

If it's faulty you should receive 50% refund and the form allows for tyres purchased on the car.

You have nothing to lose
The tyres went in the bin this afternoon, so no. I value my time because I'm not a ****ing dreamer. :rolleyes:

Reactions: HB
Well, it's a tyre thread.... :D so here goes:

(begin Tempting Faith mode)

This is the list of tyres I purchased over the past 20 years:

- Michelin Primacy HP

- Michelin Energy Saver

- Conti Eco Contact

- Conti Premium Contract 2 MO

- Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response

- Dunlop Sport BluResponse (3 sets)

I have also used the following tyres that came with the car from new:

- Goodyear Eagle NCT5 (original fitment W203)

- Conti Eco Contact 5 (original fitment Suzuki Vitara Mk4)

- Nexen CP661a (riginal fitment Kia Soul II)

- Michelin SP Sport 300E (original fitment Renault Scenic II)

And the following set that I got with the W204:

- Bridgestone Turanza T001

Apart for the odd puncture, and a couple of kerb cuts into the sidewall, I have never had any issues with any of these tyres. They all performed well, no cracking, stepping, feathering, chunking, bulging, or any other maladies. They all performed well and were replaced due to normal wear.

(The only complaint I have is about the Bridgestone that were very harsh, and necessitated driving with very low tyre pressures for fear of losing my fillings..... ).

Of course they had different characteristics, and I particularly like the BluResponse (both 3 sets so far) due to the steering being very sensitive when driving at speed (which came-in very handy last month when the strong wind blew a traffic cone into my path while driving at 70mph on the motorway), though I have to admit that they are a bit on the 'nervous' side and the Contis felt easier to drive on when doing long distances.

Not suggesting anything... just relaying my personal experience.

(end Tempting Faith mode)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom