Mob Phone Contacts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Snax

Car
C250 CDI Coupe
Just got a new C-Class Coupe and have paired my iPhone with the car but my contacts are all displayed as Last/First name. Spent the last hour going through the Audio 20 options but can't see anything to swap them to First/Last name? The setting & contacts list in my phone are all First/Last name.

Am I missing something obvious or has anyone come across this before and knows a fix for it?

Just got a new C-Class Coupe and have paired my iPhone with the car but my contacts are all displayed as Last/First name. Spent the last hour going through the Audio 20 options but can't see anything to swap them to First/Last name? The setting & contacts list in my phone are all First/Last name.

Am I missing something obvious or has anyone come across this before and knows a fix for it?

I am assuming you have an Android or iPhone in which case, that is just the way it is and is not something you can change

Hi Snax and welcome,

I too have a C Class with Audio 20 and the phone option. I don't have an iPhone though, but an Samsung Galaxy with Android and my Audio 20 displays First name / Last name correctly. The settings for this is nothing to do with the Audio 20, but the actual phone settings. I don't know if iPhones are the same as Android, but with my Samsung I have the option to store numbers into the phones memory or the Sim card, or both and can change the display preference in both. i.e. first or last name 1st. I'm not sure which one the Audio 20 bluetooth uses, but if you have the same option of where numbers are stored on your iPhone check both to make sure they both display the first name first.
One other thing I don't know about, my Audio 20 is in a W203 pre 2008, and I don't know if they've changed it in post 2008 models. :dk:

has anyone come across this before and knows a fix for it?

I don't have a fix but I have a work around :D which is to rename all your contacts first name surname in the first name field of the contact :crazy:

I guess it depends on how much the surname first name view irritates you - it was enough to make me go through all my contacts and rename them all! I sync contacts via Exchange to my iphone so I was fortunate enough to be able to do this on a computer rather than on the iphone. Was still painful but at least I can find the number I'm trying to ring while keeping my eyes on the road! :eek:

On the iPhone you can order and display your contacts to give you first name second name. You do this under settings/mail. Contacts, Calendars/Contacs and set the Sort Order to be first name / second name.
Regards Allan

On the iPhone you can order and display your contacts to give you first name second name. You do this under settings/mail. Contacts, Calendars/Contacs and set the Sort Order to be first name / second name.
Regards Allan

My iphone 4s is set to display First, Last names but the Comand interface still organises them as Last, First!

I found adding A1 to start of name usefull for getting frequent numbers to top of list, with a bit of lateral thinking you can get things to appear as you want even if it is a bit tedious setting it up.

Like previous poster said if you sync phone and can edit on a pc its a lot quicker

I found adding A1 to start of name usefull for getting frequent numbers to top of list, with a bit of lateral thinking you can get things to appear as you want even if it is a bit tedious setting it up.

You don't really need to do this, just add the contacts you want to the speed dial list on the Audio 20.

jonnyMercUK said:
You don't really need to do this, just add the contacts you want to the speed dial list on the Audio 20.

Yeah I know about the presets too, Unfortunately my addled brain doesn't seem to remember more than 2 or 3 :-(

When my Iphone connects it adds loads of contact names not just from my phone book it looks like its taking names from emails also. What have I done wrong.

Wot?....you don't speak to your phone and have it call the number for you...strange behaviour !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom