Mobbsters big day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary350

Car
slk 230 & slk 350 (sold) Jag XF 2.7 Premium Luxury
mobbster picks up his new SLK350 today he will have the ultimate smiley on his face, well maybe not the ultimate smiley, the guy attached has that

gary

Attachments

• alfred.jpg
    alfred.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 194
i have now got an even bigger smile than the guy in the picture gary posted !!!! :D
all i can say folks is what a car, it looked fantastic in the show room next to a big cl. on the way back from doncaster i had 2+ hours behind the wheel and enjoyed every minute,did not let the wife drive ! (she was well fed up -ha ha) its her turn saturday i think were off to plymouth , so will keep you all up to date with life with the other beauty im my life. cheers folks :bannana:
PS- its just great that i dont have to drive that meagan diesel ANY MORE !!

Please everything went well for you. Your be driving around for the next few weeks now with that smile - even if you've nowhere to drive too!

You'll have to put some pics in the gallery when you get a minute!

still smiling even if the weather has been rubbish !! must say at this time of year that silver paint work does get dirty really quick :(
the wife had a good drive around today,but could not quite get the hang of parking ! (even with an empty car park where we live the size of two football fields :rolleyes: ) im not taking the mickey out of her because she usually parks the cars we have had before better than me (audi tt) it does not help because shes only a dot (5ft 1) she reckons the all round vision from her driving position is a lot less than the tt,also with the seat fully forward she can only just get full throttle. the only thing which i dont think is great is the rear view mirror, because its not a massive front window screen it does impair vision when looking ahead over left side of car. the best bonus is the car came with lux climate and only paid for standard climate ! (their is a god after all :D ) cheers folks

mobbster said:
also with the seat fully forward she can only just get full throttle.
Adding to the exterior evidence that the SLK is becoming a bloke's car!

i think the styling is more agressive which might make more males buy the slk now, but also the performance & ride quality must play a large part in the matter to me thinks. the steering is very good with quite a bit of feedbeck to the driver,as good as most sports cars that i have driven. (but not quite as sharp as an M5,or tuscan). the new V6 is very good with loads of low down punch,so overtaking can be done with ease & confidence. im going to post some pics soon of my car next to my mates DB9 just so you can see how small the slk is !! (only sounds half as good as his car though ! :rolleyes: ) cheers all . :D

Glad your grin's all you'd hope for - enjoy :D :D

thanks for all your interest in my new car. i can tell you all one thing for sure and thats im still going to be reading that owners guide booklet well into the new year !!!!! :rolleyes: it seems i have underestimated just how many toys/electrical gadgets there is on the car. never had a merc before so still a virgin (so to speak) with half the controls,with all the instruments working its like being a pilot of a 747 (ha ha). i must sort the mirrors out because when i select reverse they adjust downwards. (is this on all mercs ? i know your going to tell me - READ THE BOOKLET) anyway folks take it easy and thanks for your interest and time. cheers :D

mobbster said:
i must sort the mirrors out because when i select reverse they adjust downwards. (is this on all mercs ? i know your going to tell me - READ THE BOOKLET) anyway folks take it easy and thanks for your interest and time. cheers :D
I think only the nearside mirror will dip when reversing, and you can turn this off by selecting the offside (driver's) mirror adjustment button. I don't even have this feature (limited to certain vehicles with memory mirrors) so I can't guarantee that it works ;)

cheers shude, i will give it a try. i said earlier that i would post a few pics with my mates DB9, well i will have to wait until the weekend now as its to dark when he gets home, my mate (DB9 owner) had a good look around the slk on sunday and im sure i could detected a little of the green eyed monster, he was really impressed with the body shape & how it looked inside, considering it cost £69,000 less than his car !!!!! :eek: . he did come up with the old saying (just ashame its not british !! ;)) i suppose hes got a point.cheers all. :D

pictures i promised you all !!
sorry you have to click on images but im a bit confused on how to put image into this message box ! :D . cheers all :D

Attachments

• P1010031DONE1.jpg
    P1010031DONE1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 33
  • P1010032DONE1.jpg
    P1010032DONE1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 30
  • P1010034DONE.jpg
    P1010034DONE.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
the red leather in the far distance looks lovely .. pics of the interior please!

more please of the red seats ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom