Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel vs Mobil 1 (both 0W-40)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rory

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C270CDi Estate (late 2004 facelift model) - Bought 2005, Sold 2022.
I keep thinking - 'it's just oil' but it's getting annoying now :mad:

I settled on Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel only to be assured that it's really ordinary Mobil 1 in a different can - it's just done as a marketing exercise. 'Look at the product data sheets', I was told.

So I did and the data sheets appear identical apart from the addition of the words 'Turbo Diesel' in a few places.

Mobil 1 is easily obtainable at reasonable prices but the Turbo Diesel stuff is much rarer (except if France, apparently).

Does anyone know if they really are the same thing?

Rory said:
I keep thinking - 'it's just oil' but it's getting annoying now :mad:

I settled on Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel only to be assured that it's really ordinary Mobil 1 in a different can - it's just done as a marketing exercise. 'Look at the product data sheets', I was told.

So I did and the data sheets appear identical apart from the addition of the words 'Turbo Diesel' in a few places.

Mobil 1 is easily obtainable at reasonable prices but the Turbo Diesel stuff is much rarer (except if France, apparently).

Does anyone know if they really are the same thing?

See Spec sheet.

Mobil 1 Turbo

I'd heard they are the same too. Have put normal Mobil 1 in mine with no ill effects !

S.

If there are any differences it would be in the additive package, maybe more detergent to carry soot in suspension

But otherwise they seem to be identical and I would expect the marketing to trumpet anything "extra", which it does not.

I looked into this too - oil is exactly the same according to spec sheet, no additional additives or anything. The turbo diesel Mobil is available from Halfords and from memory the same price as the "ordinary" Mobil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom