Mobil 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRH30

Car
SL55 AMG
Best place to buy? Price for 5l? Not member of costco!!

Check out Euro Car Parts.
Almost always a sale on or use code MBCLUB25 for discount otherwise.

Join Costco? Free for some professions and employees of some organisations and even if you have to pay, the saving on the oil more than covers the cost of membership!

Joining CostCo is probably your best bet. If not, either ecp or halfords, I think I saw it on special offer the other day. If you buy often enough from halfords, get friendly with the branch manager and get a trade card (free). Things aren't that ridiculously priced with a trade card...

Try looking on ebay ecp sell it on there cheaper than their shop with free delivery it was cheaper than cosco a few weeks ago when i bought it.

Last edited:
If you buy from here.... link -> Euro Car Parts | The UK's Number 1 Provider of Car Parts Online and In Store their code for Mobil 1 New Life is 521771851 for the 5 litre size and 521771852 for the 1 litre size. Enter the numbers in the search box at the top of their website page. Use the Buy & Collect option and enter mbclub30 in the 'Gift Certificate'/'Promo Code' box at the checkout for 30% discount off their prices. Pay when you collect.

I just checked to make sure the discount code is working and with using it the current price for 5 litres comes to £39.19 including VAT.
The price at carparts4less (ECP's other outlet is currently £43.19

I'm not a member at Costco either and as the nearest store is about 15 miles from me I can't justify the membership charges as the fuel costs would cancel out any savings.

Last edited:
Just noticed Halfords doing Mobil 1 for £39.99 for 5L which is quite close so might just go there.

Can I just join Costco and pay no matter what profession I'm in as the website makes out you have to either be a limited company or in a certain profession.

Like said Costco, was £28 for a full 4L

Might be an unpopular post but how about trying kwikfit for a quote to change the oil.

Last time I used them they did an oil change with Mobil for less than I could buy it for.

There's a list of approved professions, but it's pretty wide-reaching...

And they don't check much. Many years ago I provided a business card for an IT company and said it was an investment 'bank'. If you're a banker, you're ok to join.

Might be an unpopular post but how about trying kwikfit for a quote to change the oil.

Last time I used them they did an oil change with Mobil for less than I could buy it for.

Dont need an oil change just for top ups.

And they don't check much. Many years ago I provided a business card for an IT company and said it was an investment 'bank'. If you're a banker, you're ok to join.

Will give it a try. Have lots of business cards so need to find the one most appropriate.

Costco is £25 plus vat so £30 inc for 5 litres. Not sure on the membership, as I'm trade but they do have individual memberships too, just slightly more restrictive shopping hours. Not sure on qualifying criteria though.

Would recommend costco, their customer service is pretty good too. Can confirm its around £30 for 5L of Diesel/Petrol Mobil 1 Oil. Otherwise ask someone you know with a membership to add you on for £20 on their membership (trade) can't remember what personal is £25?

Best place to buy? Price for 5l? Not member of costco!!

Where in Surrey are you and how quick do you need it? I'm in Worcester Park and will prob be making a Costco trip within next couple of weeks so could get some for you:thumb:

Where in Surrey are you and how quick do you need it? I'm in Worcester Park and will prob be making a Costco trip within next couple of weeks so could get some for you:thumb:

Thanks for the offer Simon. Just bought 5l this morning so OK for the moment. Have a mate with a costo card so will ask him to add me onto it.

Thanks for the offer Simon. Just bought 5l this morning so OK for the moment. Have a mate with a costo card so will ask him to add me onto it.

No problem - it's worth getting a card, I've only had one for the past 6 months or so but has come in handy. They also sell redex injector treatment really cheap, not sure how good it is but I've been using it for past few months as thought can only do some good. Box of 4 x 500ml bottles is £12 plus vat, whereas Halfords sell one 250ml bottle for £5, so its a massive difference.

Costco is £25 plus vat so £30 inc for 5 litres. Not sure on the membership, as I'm trade but they do have individual memberships too, just slightly more restrictive shopping hours. Not sure on qualifying criteria though.

Haha they don't restrict the shopping hours you can go whenever you like as long as you have a card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom