Mobile broken glow plug removal service required in Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaddyEnglish86

Car
Mercedes W202 C250TD
I just broke the last glow plug I had to remove. It was the last one right up against the bulkhead in an awkward place. I need a recommendation of someone who can come out and remove it. I've just had a quote of £270 which I think is ludicrous especially just for one glow plug.

Thanks

If it's driveable, could you take it to Steve Garlick NW of Maidstone? Well respected MB indie.

If it's driveable, could you take it to Steve Garlick NW of Maidstone? Well respected MB indie.

I don't really want to try with a broken glow plug half way out. Not sure what to do. It's so expensive just for one plug

On that *car, if it's half way out, I would be tempted to run it until hot; either it'll blow or further extraction may work.

Nice cars but worth very little now - to spend that amount on one glow plug that's not essential.

There is quite a few different guides on the internet. A popular one is chapping a torq bit into the hollow and trying to undo it. This did not work on my old saab, i drilled into it, picked out the thread, picked out remaining glow plug body, it was a botch as it was my first time, the thread was damaged slightly, i just used araldite on the threads of the new glow plug. Its not an easy task but my car was old and not of great value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom