Mobile camera on Embankment (London)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
Dear All

I was pootling among the embankment going west from Blackfriars to Parliament Square at 0630 today. Normally the crafty buggers set up a portable GATSO just after the Blackriars underpass (gets you from behind), but today they moved a little further down the road to the charing cross bridge just around the corner. A police car was parked next to the river, but mr plod had set up his camera (not a GATSO) in the centre aisle of the pedestrian crossing mostly hidden by railings, traffic lights etc. I saw the police car and checked my speed - and then noticed the camera, but I think that since I was mostly obscured by the car 5 metres in front, that I am probably OK - but the poor sod in front of me must have being doing about 35-40 ... I shall await the morning post over the next 2 weeks with great interest...

So if any of you lot are headed that way at strange hours of the day or night, be careful going east or west.

It really is a sort of reverse lottery these days. There are only 3 speeds on this road - 0mph rush hour, 30mph camera zones, 40mph in free traffic, but I've seen people do 50+mph at 0600 in the morning.

Rgds

Les

DITTRICH said:
Dear All

It really is a sort of reverse lottery these days. There are only 3 speeds on this road - 0mph rush hour, 30mph camera zones, 40mph in free traffic, but I've seen people do 50+mph at 0600 in the morning.

The speeders are those "Diplomatic Cars and Official Government Cars" that are Immune from prosecution. :crazy: :crazy:

Brian WH said:
The speeders are those "Diplomatic Cars and Official Government Cars" that are Immune from prosecution. :crazy: :crazy:

Not always - I've stood at that crossing trying to cross the road - and the number of everyday cars that just fly through :crazy: Like other fixed camera spots in London. I can only assume the drivers know or think they're out of film as they all blast through and it flashes away :crazy:

The car in fromt was a clapped out vauxhall something...so not a diplomatic car then...
But I bet Pammy wasn't trying to cross the road at 0630 in the morning!
Rgds
Les

...oh and it was a MOBILE unit. everyone knows where the fixed cameras are.

I was stopped at the very same patch by a hand held radar unit 4 years at 4am in the morning doing 66mph ... nothing happened after the cop took down my details. It was just before New Year!

DITTRICH said:
...oh and it was a MOBILE unit. everyone knows where the fixed cameras are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom