Mobile glow plug extraction that cover Stone Bridge Park LDN

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xp2500

Car
2002 C class coupe w203
Hi

Car :

54 plate
W203 C220 CDI Coupe

I have 2-3 ceased glow plugs that I need to get extracted, and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or experiences....

Too far out for me, three hour round trip even though I'm in S London.

Does the engine start ?

Do you remove broken glow plugs?

If yes, how much does it cost?

TIA

Hi

Yes quite easy to remove without taking the head off if no ones tried to remove them before and messed up the glow plug body in the cylinder head.

Would have to price the job when looking at the engine.

Do you do this as your every day job?

My glow plug light stayed on after starting the car. I identified it as #2 & attempted to remove it by going back & forth, after letting some penetrating oil soak in for a few hours. The plug was starting to turn a little bit when it just gave way & turned without resistance. I stopped & left it alone after that.

It's still as I left it. With that info could you give me a price or a price range based on me coming to you at a time that suits you?

Do you do this as your every day job?

My glow plug light stayed on after starting the car. I identified it as #2 & attempted to remove it by going back & forth, after letting some penetrating oil soak in for a few hours. The plug was starting to turn a little bit when it just gave way & turned without resistance. I stopped & left it alone after that.

It's still as I left it. With that info could you give me a price or a price range based on me coming to you at a time that suits you?

Unfortunately my millionaire international Playboy status has been revoked, so I'm back in engineering again.

I'm free this Sunday morning other wise I'm booked @ 2&1/2 weeks in advance (through the company).

Your welcome to pop over and I'll have a look and give you a quote do the job whatever :)

Where are you?

#2 GP is the only one (naturally) that cannot be reached or even seen really without removing the intake manifold.

Hi! thanks for the responses.

Correction on my part : 52 plate c220 CDI

@ E270 Owner ...

The engine had been taking longer and longer to crank for the last week.
It stopped starting, and now only starts with the help of "easy start spray"

I am also based in South London / Croydon.

I have a friends garage where I work on my car in Stone Bridge Park, thats why I was asking for that area.

When I was last working on it there I wanted to change my glow plugs as the light would come on after starting.
I managed to change two , and then the third snapped at the end. Decided probably not a good idea to carry on and to bolt it back on as it still started.

Also anyone know what you should expect to pay for this kind of work?

Cost me 15 hours labour all told - if these guys can / do extract them successfully, it's a service worth every penny!

Only upside for me was that everything on inspection was in rude good health so at least some peace of mind!

There is a simple trick for removing glow plugs-always do it on hot engine.
If you are being quoted silly hours and money walk away,they don't know what they are doing
Last time replaced 2 plugs for40 quid, just to give an idea and thats with clearing codes

Where are you?

#2 GP is the only one (naturally) that cannot be reached or even seen really without removing the intake manifold.

For some reason I cant PM you this info.

Sharp Autos Bracknell | Car Repair | Injector Removal | Servicing

Just up the road from you.

My colleague in north London Pete sends out of area customers to them, had no complaints so far.

Hi! thanks for the responses.

Correction on my part : 52 plate c220 CDI

@ E270 Owner ...

The engine had been taking longer and longer to crank for the last week.
It stopped starting, and now only starts with the help of "easy start spray"

I am also based in South London / Croydon.

I have a friends garage where I work on my car in Stone Bridge Park, thats why I was asking for that area.

When I was last working on it there I wanted to change my glow plugs as the light would come on after starting.
I managed to change two , and then the third snapped at the end. Decided probably not a good idea to carry on and to bolt it back on as it still started.

Also anyone know what you should expect to pay for this kind of work?

You more than welcome to pop over to me on a Sunday and I'll have a look :)

PM me and i'll send you my contact details.

Last edited:
i changed my glow plugs last weekend and used wd40 but the engine has to be hot,If it starts coming loose then get stiff screw it back in and take for a short drive or leave it running to warm up again than have another go,this is what i did and took 3 runs too get 1 of them out.hope this helps

Unfortunately my millionaire international Playboy status has been revoked, so I'm back in engineering again.

I'm free this Sunday morning other wise I'm booked @ 2&1/2 weeks in advance (through the company).

Your welcome to pop over and I'll have a look and give you a quote do the job whatever :)
Hello there
Would you be willing to replace the glow plugs on a 1992 VW Golf 1.9TDI, if so how much would it cost? I could get to Croydon at a time to suit you.
Thanks!
James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom