Mobile Phone Contract Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Its coming up to that time again, I seem to recall a few people recommending Tesco contract?

I use a lot of call time and hardly any texts.

I'm not fussed about changing my iPhone and my wife is happy with her Nokia, so it might be better to just go for a sim only deal?

All help much appreciated. :D

Last time I took out a contract I purchased one from Affordable Mobiles, used Quidco and got £60 cashback, then sold the phone I got free. Made about £220 in the end and used my original phone, was really easy to transfer my number as well.

check out GiffGaff

no contract

Try Talk Mobile - not the best customer service but they were offering some good deals
Also recently got a contract for SWMBO via Lots of Mobiles, through E2Save (part of carphonewarehouse), contract with Talk Mobile (also part of carphone warehouse).
Deal was £7.50/month (no cashbacks to claim) 200 minutes, 5000 texts & 500mb data.
Talk mobiles carrier is vodaphone so coverage should be ok.

Thanks.

Having looked at the SIM-only deals, it seems I've been wasting my money for the last few years getting a phone as part of the package; my supplier at the minute, O2, are offering unlimited minutes & texts with 1GB of data for £20 (might have been £25) a month on one of these sim-only deals...

One advantage of 02 with the iPhone is that they are the only UK provider with Visual Voicemail. I was astonished when I moved to Orange to find they didn't have it - once you've had it you won't go back to old-style voicemail

I bailed out back to 02 after 6 days and went sim-free, saving £30 / month

Nick Froome

If your happy with your phone then sim only are the way to go defo.

Some cracking deals about at the minute, this is what we ended up with;

For me: unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1Gb of data usage for £20 a month.

For the lady: 300 minutes, unlimited texts, 500 O2 to O2 minutes and 100Mb data for £10.50 a month.

SIM only.

Some cracking deals about at the minute, this is what we ended up with;

For me: unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1Gb of data usage for £20 a month.

For the lady: 300 minutes, unlimited texts, 500 O2 to O2 minutes and 100Mb data for £10.50 a month.

SIM only.

With whom, may I ask?

O2.

My previous joint mobile phone bill was £75 a month and I got less than this deal.

That new contract offer of mine runs out at the end of this month I think.

I would also recommend GiffGaff.

Very cheap pay as you go or a re-occuring monthly charge, but no contracts.

It runs off the O2 network like Tesco does.

Colleague at work has for £15/month with '3' network: Samsung smart phone, 120 minutes, unlimited texts and internet. That seemed good to me.

Colleague at work has for £15/month with '3' network: Samsung smart phone, 120 minutes, unlimited texts and internet. That seemed good to me.

It does to me.

My B-I-L is on 3 and he has some real problems with reception and if it wasn't for their great contract deals he'd be on another network.

It does to me.

My B-I-L is on 3 and he has some real problems with reception and if it wasn't for their great contract deals he'd be on another network.

I'll ask how he got the deal tomorrow. I think it was via a website, but I know ultimately the deal was still with 3, so there was minimal faffing.

That was my thinking as well Will, I was already on O2 and happy with the deal that was on the table.

I can't stand faffing over a couple of quid a month when I was saving £45 a month anyway.

About 4 weeks ago, by the end of my contract, I've rang Voda asking for my PAC code.
Obviously, they came with some bull...t: long time customer,valued and all that.
In the end my contract ended up:

SIM only, 900 mins, unlimited sms, 1Gig internet, Blackberry Service, 0800,0845 and 0870(?) free for £13!

I think that's pretty good deal.

Also had the same dilema last month.

I had been on a 2 year tmobile contract and was paying £35 as it was an iPhone .

Sim deals are best if you don't need new handset.

I was about to change to Tmobile unlimited calls, Internet and texts for £21. Although unlimited doesn't include 0845 and certain other numbers. Also Internet has 1gb download allowance. I don't think they should be allowed to use the word unlimited .

I wasn't keen on giff gaff and tesco as relatively new players in market .

The network 3 appealed to me as they had been established and I do think they offer the best deals. I was all set to move over to three as they had £15 deal but coverage in my area not the best.

Then I did something which I should have done at beginning . Spoke to Tmobile and looked at my usage for last 6 months . I only used on average 200mins, 500 texts and although I had unlimited Internet . This was mainly used at home so was actually using home wifi .

Decide to stick with Tmobile on following deal

£10 300mins includes 0845 number, 500 tmobile mins 5000 texts 250mb Internet

The 250mb isn't suitable for anyone who downloads or watches TV .

Tips

Check network coverage
Check your current usage
Read the small print, numbers excluded and download limits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom