Mobile Phone Cradle - W211 E320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David404

Car
GLE350d (W166)
Hi Folks

My car has the factory fit command / mobile prep. I'm trying to work out what I have and what I need, trouble is I don't know what I'm looking at.

Please see attached, is this a mobile phone holder, if so any idea what phone its for?

Or is this just a mounting plate to attach a mobile phone holder to?

Attachments

• Phone Holder.jpg
    Phone Holder.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 54
A cradle or Bluetooth device plugs into that.

See comand.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhat Confused

Not sure that I'm missing the obvious here. All the on-line pictures I've seen show the MHI connector mounted flat on the base of the arm rest as in first Pic, an adapter then clips ontop of this connector. However in my car the connector is mounted vertically at the rear of the arm rest and has a plastic bracket behind/around it, there are also 2x LEDs to the side at the bottom (one each side).

1) Is this bracket just there to mount the phone vertically and save space.
2) will a phone specific bracket simple clip on over the top of the existing plastic surround around the UHI connector.

Car spec sheet shows:
354 antenna for telephone D/E-NET
386 Mobile Pre INSTLATION (MTUS)

Sorry if i'm being a little dim here but I've not seen this type of kit before and want to be sure I understand what all this is before I throw money at stuff.

Richard - later in the year I'll probably get one of your BT kits but at the moment I'm broke so need cheap and cheerful to go with old Nokia handset I've got.

Attachments

• thUJ3F1VQB.jpg
    thUJ3F1VQB.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Phone Holder.jpg
    Phone Holder.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 14
David, what year is your car. The later 2009s had Bluetooth built in into the radio I believe.
B

Early 2009

David, what year is your car. The later 2009s had Bluetooth built in into the radio I believe.
B

Car first registered March 2009. My understanding is that the Command unit is the NTG1 so not Bluetooth.

David thats correct, the moved it to back of armrest and got rid of 2nd layer

Yes you have NTG1 (the NTG2.5 optional comfort phone has a different looking UHI connector)

So, you plug a phone cradle or a bluetooth adapter onto that. But theres not really any modern phones with phone cradles suitable for NTG1 systems - the newer phone cradles require bluetooth in the head unit and only use that connector for charging and antenna

Cheers

Richard

Many Thanks All

David thats correct, the moved it to back of armrest and got rid of 2nd layer

Yes you have NTG1 (the NTG2.5 optional comfort phone has a different looking UHI connector)

So, you plug a phone cradle or a bluetooth adapter onto that...Richard

Many thanks all and especially Richard for taking time to sort silly questions from a newbie.

Richard - Its almost a foregone conclusion that I'll be buying a Bluetooth adapter from you later in the year when theirs a fresh crop on the money tree. At the moment I'm broke so will deploy an old Nokia handset I have lying around with a 2nd hand cradle off everybodies favorite on line auction site and treat as fixed car phone. Not ideal but best option at the mo.

Again thanks for all the info and comment.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom