Mobile phone next of kin ID

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE) " campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award. The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency". In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them. It's so simple that everyone can do it. Please do. Please will you also forward this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life.

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc

Good stuff.. thanks for sharing!

They'd have a tough time on my mobile as the phone and sim card are security coded to spoil the plans of any would-be thieves. No code, no phone call. :eek:

S.

an excellent idea and if your phone is not "locked" in anyway - a good thing to do!

ICE? I thinks that's where I store the pin code for my head unit. I had better change that :eek:

Seriously, a good idea I suppose.

Steve_Perry said:
They'd have a tough time on my mobile as the phone and sim card are security coded to spoil the plans of any would-be thieves. No code, no phone call. :eek:

S.

errr... you can get the PUK codes online now mate - makes a mockery of bothering to lock your phone.

could someone direct us to the official site for this ICE process, wouldn't mind setting it all up against the official guidelines.

Knowing me I would set it up worng and as I lay groaning in the aftermath of a big accident, they would trying to contact the local pizza place...

Sp!ke said:
errr... you can get the PUK codes online now mate - makes a mockery of bothering to lock your phone.
So would that get them past the phone's security code in addition to the SIM lock code?

S.

Steve_Perry said:
So would that get them past the phone's security code in addition to the SIM lock code?

S.
Just unblocks the SIM after you enter the wrong PIN too many times IIRC...

If the emergency services can take over entire mobile phone networks when they need to, I would have thought that getting a number off of any SIM card would be a piece of cake for them.

but i guess its a case of a paramedic finding your phone in your pocket and dialling a loved one to tell them that you're injured.. etc

I gave this about 30 minutes. I got annoyed with my phone saying ICE whenever my Mum or Girlfriend rings me!

Graham, tell them both something rather offensive that causes them not to speak to you ever again. Problem solved! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom