Mobile phone overheating. 😮

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartAmg

MB Club Veteran
Car
2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
Always keep my mobile, in the same place in my mower, normally the Air con in the mower is pretty good, but lately not so good, so today you can imagine it was literally a greenhouse on wheels, looked at my mobile and it said phone overheated, emergency calls only, it's ok now it's cooled down. Anyone else experienced a phone overheating? 🙄😮

Always keep my mobile, in the same place in my mower, normally the Air con in the mower is pretty good, but lately not so good, so today you can imagine it was literally a greenhouse on wheels, looked at my mobile and it said phone overheated, emergency calls only, it's ok now it's cooled down. Anyone else experienced a phone overheating? 🙄😮
Yes Toe. Had this a few times over the years in my van. There was never any damage/side effects. Clever bits of kit.

Today was unbearable we lasted until noon (bricklaying) then packed up and home.

I’ve never enjoyed the sunshine. Makes me feel so poorly. Roll on 🥶 🥳

It’s a routine thing.

They’re resilient.

Left mine on the car dash a couple of years ago in the height of the summer . Same message with no lasting damage

Today was unbearable we lasted until noon (bricklaying) then packed up and home.

I’ve never enjoyed the sunshine. Makes me feel so poorly. Roll on 🥶 🥳
Not a 'Sun's out, guns out' kinda person then Ant?
I always said I shouldn't have been born a Northern European; I love the heat.
But I get that not everyone appreciates it.

Not a 'Sun's out, guns out' kinda person then Ant?
I used to be. But stopped because I was embarrassed when people would applaud & cheer upon seeing my Adonis like stature. 😁
I always said I shouldn't have been born a Northern European; I love the heat.
But I get that not everyone appreciates it.
Yeah, we’re all different mate. I understand the majority of folk prefer the summer.

I love the cold of winter and the dark mornings/nights. I know that’s an oddity but there you go. ☺️

Last edited:
Siesta time Ant, but to be fair to the trades in Spain, they're back on it around 5pm until 8pm (after knocking off at 1.30)

Hotter tomorrow 😎

The case on a phone doesn't help overheating (as sensible as having one on it is, mind)

My iPhone also occasionally stops charging due to overheating - it's solved by simply unplugging from the charger for an hour. Strangely, it always happens when it is placed screen uppermost on my desk, never when it is screen down.

The device that I have most overheating messages from is my Kindle Oasis - when reading in the sun on holiday it often says "device operating temperature exceeded" so I have to move it into the shade for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom