Mobile Phone Preferences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So if you don't want an iPhone - I'd seriously consider these two:

HTC One or the HTC One Mini. Runs Android with HTC's SENSE user interface on top of it. Both fantastic phones with the same interface / user experience, although I think the full size version (4.7" screen) just pips it.

Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 (one of the higher end ones).

I upgraded from a Galaxy S2 to S4 and it is an excellent phone but I would say it is all down to personal preference now. Check out GSM ARENA for some good reviews against all these phones. The Sony Xperia Z1 is cool but its massive and the screen quality/camera is poor compared to the galaxy and other Droid phones.

Anything but a Windows phone, possibly the worst ever phone, we had them for the engineers in work dumped the contract 10 months in as they were very bad.

One comment was "User Hostile"

Now on Galaxy phones and the lads love them.

Mind you we also dumped windows 8 from all the new computers!

Nokia 920...... soon to be ebayed (only as 1 year old), will get either Nokia 1020 or Nexus 5, or HTC one.....

The Nokia is good, if you like windows 8. Great camera and maps.

Another vote for the Samsung Galaxy S4. Its so easy to use and is compatible with windows software.
I also changed from Vodafone to Tesco mobile so far the service has been superb and I'm saving about 25 percent on my monthly bill

I was looking for a new phone recently and did not want a fruity one.
I looked at many phones but could not get on with the current crop of large screen phones. Bought the Xperia Z1 but it is just too big for me so I sold it almost straight away.
I liked the iphone's quality feel and metal sim holder and found most of the android offerings felt flimsy and cheap.
I ended up with the Motorola Razr HD and it is a hidden gem. Not too big, good screen and it feels like a quality phone. Well put together and the battery lasts for three days between charges.
Have a look at one if you haven't got a phone yet, you may be pleasantly surprised. I was.

Tony

I have had iPhone 3, 4 and 5 over the last few years.
I then dabbled with the Nokia Windows Phone and the Sony Xperia Z.
And then I found true mobile phone happiness..........Samsung Galaxy S4. It's different gravy altogether!

As someone else who is disillusioned by ios... I tried a windows 8 phone and was very pleasantly surprised...

HTC One gets my vote. I've just acquired One (see what I did there) and it's a pleasure to use and so quick and responsive. Battery good too, by comparison (came from an iPhone 4s). The format is just right imho, I wanted something bigger than an iPhone 5 but not too big-it fits nicely in my pocket. HTC Sense is a nice skin too and not just a pretty face.

I found a contract on Orange that suits my needs perfectly - 400mins, unlimited texts and 750Mb of data/month. All for an effective cost of £21.96 over 24 months. The deal is still available here: http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/search.aspx?product=HTC_One_Silver&rowqty=10&sortkey=11&order=1&page=1

It's £31/month, but you get 7 months' worth back into your bank account by redemption. I was paying £10/month anyway, so thought I may as well pay an extra tenner or so/month and get a phone I fancy.

Thanks again fellas - I'm going for a feel tomorrow.

I have a retro phone.......it's an iphone 3gs which I have had for nearly 5 years, does all I need and never had a single problem with it.
It's the only apple product that I have ever bought, so I am not an apple freak, just speaking as I find.

It didn't - I did mean to pull over, honest :crazy:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom