Mobile phone stolen or not? help required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s88

Car
E320CDI & SL350
Gents, wonder if anyone amongst you can offer guidance.

1. I bought a Nokia almost 4 years ago off Ebay, this 6310 fitted the cradle in the new E 320.

2. It was originally Orange but unlocked when i purchased it, with box, IME numbers matching etc.

3. It has worked for almost 4 years.

4. It has just stopped working! sim in credit Virgin cannot do anything.

5. Orange say the phone is now blacklisted but wont say since when. Stolen.

6. Orange will not assist or say who reported the phone stolen.
They suggest go to the police.

Is there some bigger scam going on here?

Thanks,

S88

Could be the person you purchased it from, he was the owner, he now claims it is stolen to get a claim from his/her insurance. Its the only thing that makes sence after four years.

Human error, I'd expect. Either someone has told Orange the wrong number, or someone's entered the wrong numbers or transposed them.

Could be the person you purchased it from, he was the owner, he now claims it is stolen to get a claim from his/her insurance. Its the only thing that makes sence after four years.

Probably they've got mobile insurance and they've not updated it with their new phones IEMI. So they blocked their old phone.

I did exactly that, got a new contract phone and eBayed it. 5 months later I lost my phone so reported it stolen, only they blocked the phone I sold, not my handset.

Poor fella emailed me, and it was my fault, so I asked him to send it back to me and I then gave him his money back.

Maybe your bank or Paypal can supply a record of your purchase transaction and you can get the blacklist lifted.

I'm more amazed that someone has kept the same mobile for 4 years!

Double it and add 3 - had the same phone until last year since 2001 (still my spare)

Lol, I'm hoping to get 10 years out of my phone.

Lol, I'm hoping to get 10 years out of my phone.

Have a working Nokia 2110 I use every few weeks for the sake of it (1992) and my carphone (in use) is of the same age! It's one of those built-in ones where you can remove the handset and plug it into the optional backpack to use it as a portable phone!

Anyway, going back on topic, I'd say it is either a mistaken report or insurance scam

Wow, 2 years is the most I've ever managed to stay with the same phone, and that's just because it was the duration of the contract.

Wow, 2 years is the most I've ever managed to stay with the same phone, and that's just because it was the duration of the contract.

as I've been exclusively Blackberry and iPhone for 8 years, I'm delighted if one lasts 6 months without conking out, lots of functionality crap reliability!

Since my very first mobile in '96 (I think) I've not had a single failure, though I've never had a Blackberry. Always basic Nokias then iPhones.

I'm delighted if one lasts 6 months without conking out, lots of functionality crap reliability!

This is one of the reasons why I've not changed. The Samsung has been a pillar of reliability and not a lot irritates me more than technology which doesn't do what it is supposed to.

The number of times I've heard people moaning about their phones (usually smart phones), just puts me off.

I put all the cash saved on mobiles towards the car instead.

Because I am an IT Manager, employees where I work wrongly assume I am interested in phones.

Nope.

"Hey, look at my new <fill in product here>!".

<Yawn> Hey, a phone. Wow.

:wallbash:

I'm more amazed that someone has kept the same mobile for 4 years!

Guys saddo that I am , I only bought the phone as I had just bought a car with a cradle, hence the Nokia 6310.

I dont bother otherwise, it was a nice to have for emergency, especially for the wife, she now has a blackberry.

I am not that important to warrant a mobile! But I liked having it in the car, for when travelling etc.

Orange called again tonight and told me a different story to yesterday ( no point going to the police).
So I have a phone that they will never unblacklist as someone has all the imei and security details and has reported it stolen.
I dont have anywhere to go or a leg to stand on, throw it away they said!

I will persevere because I am a stubborn old git.

Do persevere - ebay will have proof you bought it

Do persevere - ebay will have proof you bought it

had another call from Orange last night, told me that what the previous assistant said was not correct.
There is no point going to the police and they will never unblacklist the phone, I may as well throw it away.
The person who has reported it stolen has all the correct security details and the IMEI number etc.
I have the IMEII number as it is on the box and inside the phone *#06# and it tells you.

Proof of ownership or proof of use for 4 years counts for nothing.
Basically there is nothing I can do, i did suggest that if Orange spoke to Virgin they could prove I have been topping it up for 4 years.
I copied them both on the email, but Orange say they are too busy and dont have the time.
Keen to quote the data protection act.

Seem the law is an ass in this case.

still useing my Nokia 3310

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom