mobile phone users

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kinaero

Car
E220CDI AMG SPORT Estate
Most modern cars now comes with bluetooth as standard, it enable drivers to talk handsfree!!
Yet I have seen on many occasions, drivers were holding their mobile phones and chatting away whilst driving, no excuses not to use the bluetooth function in their cars.
I think the law should double the points and fines against those not using their bluetooth equipped cars whilst driving.

Most modern cars now comes with bluetooth as standard, it enable drivers to talk handsfree!!
Yet I have seen on many occasions, drivers were holding their mobile phones and chatting away whilst driving, no excuses not to use the bluetooth function in their cars.
I think the law should double the points and fines against those not using their bluetooth equipped cars whilst driving.

The law is in place but is not enforced because there are no visible Police presence to enforce it. No different to wearing/or not wearing seat belts, doing makeup, shaving and reading books.

Never mind doubling the fine or points, just give the police the power to confiscate the phone on the spot.

Somewhere along the line we need a degree of proportionality in all this points, fines, bans, floggings for minor motoring and parking misdemeanours.
I really can't get excited about someone using a phone or shaving in an era where we have police expending energy in fiddling reported crime figures, or worse still issuing cautions for serious offences against the person.
Agree we do need more vigour from the police but not shooting ducks in a barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom