Mobile phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

24carrot

Car
clk 320
Hi all I have just I bought a new toy it a 05 CLK350s AGM
But when I went to connect a mobile phone it just asked me to insert it is there anyway I can convert this to Bluetooth ? And if so how
Thanks Andy

Firstly what model of head unit do you have? COMAND with sat nav or a different type?

Not all cars had the required hardware for Bluetooth telephony, some had been pre-wired, some will require a Bluetooth adaptor. Is there a small connector in the centre armrest storage?

Hi yes it's a COMAND and yes there is a a small connector in the centre console

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi yes it's a COMAND and yes there is a a small connector in the centre console

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Then you probably need one of these : Mercedes Benz Bluetooth Adapter (GENUINE) B6 787 6168 | eBay

Can you post a picture of the connector?

Even with an adapter the MB system is a very old and clumsy design by modern standards. If keeping the car then it may well be worth considering a replacement head unit with much more functionality.

Last edited:
If it's asking you to insert the phone it sounds to me as if you have a cradle connected to the UHI connector in the centre arm rest - or something similar. Your best initial bet - before spending any money - is to have your VIN handy and phone comand.co.uk for Mark or Richard to look up your build sheet, find out exactly what you have and thus, for your phone, exactly what you need. If you're anywhere near J3 M3 it's worth a visit to them as they know more about MB ICE/phone stuff than any MB main dealer! Sometimes just disconnecting a cradle from the UHI will allow the phone to bluetooth to comand - which is what I have to do with my Samsung Galaxy A10 as there's no specific cradle and no suitable bluetooth adapter as the A10 does not support remote SIM and the other adapters like the eBay one mentioned above would not work with my phone - it's not as simple as it sounds!!

Call comand.co.uk, you won't regret it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom