Mobile revenue cameras on A249 & Bluebell hill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Uncle Fester

Car
C220 CDi (S203) auto 175k
They're back..................

The mobile revenue cameras on the A249 Detling hill north bound, just inside the national speed limit sign, to catch people as they accelarate up the hill out of the 50mph zone.
They had a spell there about a month ago, must have been very luctrative for them!!

Also going down Bluebell hill, they have a van parked on the bridge at the bottom, so BEWARE!!!

Me too, gotta attend a "speed awareness course"

Cost £85 plus half a day off work, not sure which is worse, that, or the fne and 3 points?

Strangely, I am aware of speed (and it's implications) as I probably drive more miles than most traffic cops, it's just that on that stretch of road my speed seemed acceptable for the conditions.
I keep to most speed limits 30 in a 30 zone, 40 in a 40 zone etc, but on a motorway, I travel at a speed that is suitable (in my opinion) to the conditions. So on the Thanet way, that maybe 85mph if the conditions allow, or maybe 50mph, that's the decisions a driver has to make at the time.

Anyhoo, speed awareness course here I come..............

Tell them you are aware of speed and how it can get you to your destination quicker...

>> Me too, gotta attend a "speed awareness course"

Say hello to my wife when you get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom