Mobile Speed Detector - A31 Hogs Back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Mobile Speed Detector - Do they stop you?

Hi,

I went past a motorcycle based policement pointing a portable laser speed detector at the traffic.

My question is do they normally stop you after they find you speeding or do these laser speed detectors now take a photo - which they just send in the mail as normal with an NIP.

There were different opinions in the office!

Last edited:
If they don't stop and report you at the time I think you will find that it's a laser camera being used and there will be photographic evidence.

That Hogsback is a lovely road. Used to have to make regular trips using that road, in the ultimate on 4 wheels, the Astramax Van :D

db1 said:
Hi,

I went past a motorcycle based policement pointing a portable laser speed detector at the traffic.

My question is do they normally stop you after they find you speeding or do these laser speed detectors now take a photo - which they just send in the mail as normal with an NIP.

There were different opinions in the office!

Im sure i saw an atricle somewhere about the bikes now being used with the cameras on them. They were saying that they could hide them a lot better .. oops , i mean put them into accident blackspots :rolleyes:

"Sneekie sneekie sir .... very sneekie..." if you don't mind me using a quote from MR deeds :)

good luck dude .... remember the 14 day rule ....

whats the 14 day rule?

I am pretty sure it is 14-days for a N.I.P to be actioned by the police. IIRC, they are allowed 2 or 3 days on top of this to allow for the time it takes to be delivered by post etc.

If it is a company/lease vehicle, I am sure they are allowed much longer, to take into account the potential delay in tracing the driver at the time. I wouldn't open the champagne too early just in case ;(

Good luck, chances are you probably got away with whatever it is :)

Will

I know this has been tried before however photographic evidence should be banned based on a pic of a car going fast...

How fast were you going on what limit?
I was coming back from Dover one night was doing 90mph on the M2 suddenly when it was too late head lights lit up a police car sitting there pointing a speed gun at me, which was scummy because they were sitting on a platform where you could only see them when it was too late. I heard nothing and that was months ago, I thought being i was doing 90 i was in for it! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom