Mobile tyres fitters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
Following from this: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/wheels-tyres/92066-cls55-new-wheels.html

I have sort of decided to be sensible (we are in the age of austerity and budget cuts after all) and have the wheels made round again and refurbed by Lepsons (who are highly recommended).

Problem is CLS is stuck at home and immobile.

I need to get a mobile tyre fitter in to fit a new tyre.

Any recommendations anyone?

Car is in London E1.

I've used Event tyres- like all these guys just stand over them to ensure no wheels are hurt in the fitting of this tyre!

A&S Wheels woodford has a mobile fitting truck with the latest fitting machines for bigger\delicate alloys 02085188010,

At the risk of being flamed completely, In this area I have had some good experiences with Kwik Fit mobile but suspect any of the mobile tyre outfits are only as good as the fitter that turns up and how concientious he is, used them about 3 times in total for punctures, when the stupid can of foam does bugger all, easier to call Kwik Fit than the AA or RAC and quicker :)

I have never had a bad experience with Kwik-Fit and I have with a couple of Indies in S.London, including having to helicoil after messing up the threads with pneumatic nut whizzer thingies. I'd go along with the theory that it's only as good as the fitter.

E-Tyres vote here as well. Used them a few times now, as I'm working all over the country I just get them to come wherever I am.

booked and paid. tyre being fitted on Friday 23rd July.

went with e tyres at £245 fully fitted.

For comparison:

A&S Woodford: £281
Madhouse Tyres: £360
Event Tyres: £252

CLS tyre done today.

The tyre they fitted was manufactured 4108 -- nearly 2 years old! And the way the stuck the weights on is poor .. not along a straight line, and about an inch away from the front edge of the rim.

Was never a fan of mobile fitters, but I really had no choice. Hopefully Lepsons will rebalance and do a better job.

Cheers,
SEAN

Good Mobile fitter

You should have tried an outfit called Hometyre. I use them in Sussex and I know from their fitter that they have a guy in London. So far the work they have done and the service has been exceptional.

For future reference, you could have used exel - Wheel refurb

They will come and fit a loan set of wheels on your car and take your ones away to Lepsons for refurbing. In the meantime you can still use your car. When your wheels are ready, they will bring them back, fit them and take their loan wheels away.

Very useful service for those that need their car on a daily basis but still want the excellent quality job Lepsons provide, which can often take a good few days.

Thanks looks interesting, as does the wheel upgrade option they offer.

Have you used them?

Thanks looks interesting, as does the wheel upgrade option they offer.

Have you used them?

I haven't personally used them but a few guys on the Porsche forums (particularly 911UK) have used them. Chris is well known on there being a Porsche owner and from what I can tell has provided an excellent service.

I also met them at one of the Porsche club meets where they had examples of the Lepsons work on display.

Try London Tyre Rescue...two good guys and experts in their trade..... 0208-090 5097

I haven't personally used them but a few guys on the Porsche forums (particularly 911UK) have used them. Chris is well known on there being a Porsche owner and from what I can tell has provided an excellent service.

I also met them at one of the Porsche club meets where they had examples of the Lepsons work on display.

I should have said, if you mention my name [Spyros], Chris will know where you got his details from and look after you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom