Mobilio Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Birdman

Car
E55 & Phaeton
The earliest my car can be booked in for its next main dealer service is January 4, 2008. The last dealer service was Jan 3, 2006 so two years and one day between scheduled services.

Since I'd be mad to lose Mobilio cover through a single day's overrun, does anyone have experience on how MB views going over the minimum two-year service interval? Do I need to speak to Milton Keynes?

There's still 3000 miles to go before the mileage related service showing on ASSYST, so no problem with over-running the mileage constraint.

My understanding is that as long as you booked it in within the timeframe then it's OK.

thanks thought my eyes where playing tricks on me at first (like the other piggy more looks cutie(imo))

My understanding is that as long as you booked it in within the timeframe then it's OK.
Hi Pammy,
I have no idea to the factual answer but the technician that came out to us took out a digital camera and took a picture of the service dates in our service booklet. I queried this and he stated it was policy to have proof of cover? Seems daft to me as the details are held on a database.

Regards
John

The earliest my car can be booked in for its next main dealer service is January 4, 2008. The last dealer service was Jan 3, 2006 so two years and one day between scheduled services.

Since I'd be mad to lose Mobilio cover through a single day's overrun, does anyone have experience on how MB views going over the minimum two-year service interval? Do I need to speak to Milton Keynes?

There's still 3000 miles to go before the mileage related service showing on ASSYST, so no problem with over-running the mileage constraint.

That's interesting - I'm nearly in a similar position, my car has 2700 miles to go and the 2 yrs is up on 7th Feb.

I'd always understood that ASSYST's maximum period was 2yrs and that once you got within 30days, the display would change from miles to days and start to countdown to zero days. Is that not happening in your case?

That's interesting - I'm nearly in a similar position, my car has 2700 miles to go and the 2 yrs is up on 7th Feb.

I'd always understood that ASSYST's maximum period was 2yrs and that once you got within 30days, the display would change from miles to days and start to countdown to zero days. Is that not happening in your case?

Mine changed to "days to service" a lot earlier than 30 days before the due time. The car would estimate if the next service would be due to the 2 year time limit or due to mileage and shows accordingly. It did not happen immediately but already about a year before service time. And actually went back when I later got more miles (kilometres :) ) per day.

If the original poster's car still showed miles to next service after 2 years, it actually looks like the FSS was reset some time after the service was done, or documented on the paperwork?

I had a non-authorised MB dealer do an interim oil change (A service) when they did the MOT in April and they must have flipped the ASSYST indicator at the same time. But I need the main dealer stamp in the book now. Perhaps I should ask them to confirm the date of the booked service by a letter dated December 2007, and keep the letter with the logbook. That would cover the "booked before two years" criterion!

Andrew

I had a non-authorised MB dealer do an interim oil change (A service) when they did the MOT in April and they must have flipped the ASSYST indicator at the same time. But I need the main dealer stamp in the book now. Perhaps I should ask them to confirm the date of the booked service by a letter dated December 2007, and keep the letter with the logbook. That would cover the "booked before two years" criterion!

Andrew
I hope they did not stamp your service booklet? I only say this because I have heard of someone having problems with this very issue.

I would be happier if I got the car serviced within the 2 year period as Mercedes-Benz can be very pedantic.

Regards
John

I hope they did not stamp your service booklet? I only say this because I have heard of someone having problems with this very issue.

I would be happier if I got the car serviced within the 2 year period as Mercedes-Benz can be very pedantic.

Regards
John

Yes, it concerns me too.

The book wasn't stamped as I held on to it while the car was in for the oil change. But you may be right and if Milton Keynes sees non-MB stamps appearing between the two-year intervals... well, since the corrosion issue is usually settled on a goodwill basis there will always be the hard cases they decide to reject for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom