Mobilo/AA Recovery Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
A word of caution regarding the Mobilo/AA Recovery Service:

For those of you that have been eagerly following my problem regarding Mercedes Me and my Battery! :rolleyes:

I called the Service yesterday, as my Battery was telling me it was at a critical stage of charge, I know from past experience that the car would most likely start, but if I had to switch off for some reason it would probably not start again without jump leads etc.

I explained this to the Mobilo operator, she said "if the car was drivable, she would call ahead to my dealer of choice, and have me booked in for an emergency"

So excuses made at work and off I went, got to Peterborough, and they were expecting me, after a discussion it was decided that they may need the car overnight in order to carry out diagnostics and carry out any repairs as they came up!

Question, "what am I supposed to do now"?

Answer: "We can give you a lift home, as we have no spare curtesay cars available"

Question: "how do I get to work tomorrow"?

Answer: "Apologies, but that is not our problem"! :wallbash:

Apparently, if your car is damaged or unable to be driven, on delivery to your Dealership of choice, a hire/replacement Car will be provided, but if you opt to drive the car if possible, that offer is no longer available.

This MAY be down to the Dealership's interpretation of the rules, but please be aware that this may happen to you, if your is broke, make sure it is broke! :rolleyes:

In the end my problem was diagnosed at the main Battery cells down and not holding charge, but if I hadn't insisted they plug in Star, I would still be awaiting the result! :mad:

A hire car is provided as part of the recovery service, and will be a hire car from National/Hertz rather than a courtesy car from the dealer.

When booking my car in for its last three services at MB Peterborough they’ve told me every time that they didn’t have a courtesy car available. The best they’ve been able to offer is a lift home then picked up when the car is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom