Mobilo and value service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrNick

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL500
I think this has been discussed elsewhere but people might find this interesting.

My E class (2007 - full MB history) was asking for a service and the on-line MB quote was (for a B with a fair few extras) was just south of £900.

In an effort to cut costs a bit I thought I'd look at the value service, which comes in at £149, add on a couple of the important extras and leave the rest for a bit until I thought they were needed.

Obviously I would lose the Mobilo cover because it was now not serviced in line with the manufacturers recommendations as some items were not going to be done on time.

When I eventually got around to booking it, it was 3 months over-due anyway, so I went for the value service and joined the RAC for £50 via Quidco.

Service went ok, and they offer a nice facility whereby they video parts of the inspection and the mechanic points out the good things and the bad. A slightly split ball joint cover was spotted and flagged up, and shown on the video. Other than that everything underneath was fine.

Then a month later I get a letter in the post from MB telling me that my Mobilo cover had been extended for a year or until the next service was due, despite only having a value service and it being 3 months late.

So in my case, the value service led to continued Mobilo, when I was expecting to lose it. Maybe after the inspection they thought is not going to break down anytime soon, so there's nothing to lose.

If I do break down now though, who is it best to call (Mobilo, RAC or Ghostbusters)

Mobilio were excellent when I shut the keys in the boot of the E Class.
(Stupid that such a 'high-tec' car allows this, even my 2006 3'er wouldn't let that happen)

On the road (out of office hours) in about an hour after breaking in with a laptop. Seriously!
Good value IMO as it cost nothing.

Good to know. I suppose the RAC would have had to have broken something in this case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom