Mobilo experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amjenn

Car
W205 Estate and SLK 200
Having owned a Mercedes for 4 yrs now and paying the exhorbitant Dealer prices for service, under the belief that, should you need, it the Mobilo service is of the quality you would expect from Mercedes. My new to me, 6 month old c220 today kept going to limp mode. Dealer advised to ring Mobilo. Did so at 5.15pm when I arrived home. 8pm, recovery truck arrives "Sorry mate. I don't have computer to look at anything. All I can do is recover" Now awaiting hire car with no promise it will arrive tonight !! I'm not happy. Is this the norm' for Mobilo ?

Last time I had to use them it was a completely flat battery. As in 4.7v, which was odd as it was fine the day before. I phoned them at 10:30 AM and was tolld they could have a recovery vehicle within an hour, a technician (Non MB) by lunch time, or a fully qualified Mercedes technician around 4ish. I opted for the latter as I wasn't going anywhere.

Guy came round, put leads on my car and just left it charging whilst he interrogated it with his STAR system. Within an hour he'd found the fault, which turned out to be a steering module keeping something awake, and repaired it with a software update.

It looks like where we differ is that I had the options offered whereas all you got was recovery to go for.

I was offered a Mercedes technician at 8.30 tomorrow morning. I need to be in Peterboro, 3 hrs drive away, by 9.00am tomorrow. Still waiting for hire car. Should have settled for the technician tomorrow as I don't expect hire car tonight now. It's sod's law but my app't tomorrow is really important and need boot load of kit, so train is no good.
Well p***ed off !

I was offered a Mercedes technician at 8.30 tomorrow morning. I need to be in Peterboro, 3 hrs drive away, by 9.00am tomorrow. Still waiting for hire car. Should have settled for the technician tomorrow as I don't expect hire car tonight now. It's sod's law but my app't tomorrow is really important and need boot load of kit, so train is no good.
Well p***ed off !

That's a strange one !!! I've always had great service every time Ive used the mobile life service ... Not sure why their telling you tomorrow morning when your cars obviously got problems now !!!!
I was even offered a replacement car at 1:30 in the morning once when I broke down after putting petrol in my diesel ml :fail:mad: ,,,,
Good luck with your situation and hope they get you sorted ASAP . Regards Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom