Mobilo help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chas

Car
Mercedes GLE 300D 4Matic AMG line
My S320 (2001) has a full MB service history, is it still covered by Mobilo and if my car breaks down and they can't fix it do they take it to your UK destination or only the nearest MB dealer? Also if someone other than me is driving it does Mobilo assist ?

Thanks

MERRY XMAS :)

Sorted it thanks, RAC is the only one who will recover cars 10 yrs old + to destination in UK

Sorted it thanks, RAC is the only one who will recover cars 10 yrs old + to destination in UK

Not so, I have Admiral recovery and it transfers cars no problem.

What I meant was the AA and MB Mobillo don't , obviously every Tom, D-ick and Harry and Admiral will :doh:

What I meant was the AA and MB Mobillo don't , obviously every Tom, D-ick and Harry and Admiral will :doh:

It's good to see you haven't taken umbridge on Christmas day.

Apologies, elderly parent just died..........

I,m with the AA and I have roadside repair/or recovery, and have had both cars at some point either repaired at the roadside or recovered home, in the last 12 months, (both cars in excess of ten years old, and both have in excess of 150,000 miles.

^ Spam reported

Chas said:

Looked into this as I rely on AA coverage.

If you have vehicle specific coverage the AA will not relay if over 10 years old. If you have personal cover, not tied to a specific vehicle they will, based on current terms and conditions.

Last edited:
You'll find full details on this sticky thread: -
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/sh...ad.php?t=45278

I have found Mobilo excellent. Unlike many breakdown services they take the car to a proper MB dealer and provide you with a hire car while it is repaired (if it cannot be fixed where it is). And unlike AA and RAC I don't need separate cover for my wife or for any other drivers. All are covered. And covered in Europe too without the £100 extra that the AA and RAC charge for Euro cover.

This section from the sticky may interest you: -

ALL AGE GROUPS get Roadside Assistance with minor repairs at location; Recovery to nearest MB Authorised Repairer; Vehicle delivery service within 25 miles of MB Authorised Repairer; Transport provision within 25 miles of MB Authorised Repairer; Replacement vehicle for 5 days (but 3 days for those registered after April 2008); train plane fares and hotel accommodation, and even repatriation if abroad when the breakdown occurs (see T’s and C’s).

I have found Mobilo excellent. Unlike many breakdown services they take the car to a proper MB dealer and provide you with a hire car while it is repaired (if it cannot be fixed where it is). And unlike AA and RAC I don't need separate cover for my wife or for any other drivers. All are covered. And covered in Europe too without the £100 extra that the AA and RAC charge for Euro cover.

ALL AGE GROUPS get Roadside Assistance with minor repairs at location; Recovery to nearest MB Authorised Repairer; Vehicle delivery service within 25 miles of MB Authorised Repairer; Transport provision within 25 miles of MB Authorised Repairer; Replacement vehicle for 5 days (but 3 days for those registered after April 2008); train plane fares and hotel accommodation, and even repatriation if abroad when the breakdown occurs (see T’s and C’s).
As i found out earlier today(see my thread titled pothole damage)what isn't mentioned is damage to tyres only being covered for vehicles upto 4 years old-£150 callout charge if car is over 4 years old!

hawk20 said:

While it is a good service it's not that good really.

I think all the organisations offer a vehicle specific cover which would cover any driver. They will only recover to a main dealer so it's more of a work generation thing.

Having said that the guy broke the rule to follow me through to the local indie who I used to use to make sure I got there which was good of him.

As i found out earlier today(see my thread titled pothole damage)what isn't mentioned is damage to tyres only being covered for vehicles upto 4 years old-£150 callout charge if car is over 4 years old!

The variations in the schemes (I think there are 5? versions now) are beyond ridiculous.

Depends on date of first registration. See link I posted earlier. For example, cars registered after April 2008 have minor mishaps including tyres covered for full 30 years subject to regular dealer servicing.

Depends on date of first registration. See link I posted earlier. For example, cars registered after April 2008 have minor mishaps including tyres covered for full 30 years subject to regular dealer servicing.
I know-my car is a january 2008:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom