Mobilo-life - rely on it for South of France?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc777

Banned
Car
E270 cdi Avantgarde; Wifes car Yellow VW Beetle (new shape)
Can I rely on the Mobilo - Life to repair/recover my 2002 E class in the event of breakdown/accident? Or shoud I take out additonal cover for the car? I risked it last year (well it was only 8 months old at the time!)

Anyone got any feedback re this service in Europe?

Marc

marc777 said:
Can I rely on the Mobilo - Life to repair/recover my 2002 E class in the event of breakdown/accident? Or shoud I take out additonal cover for the car? I risked it last year (well it was only 8 months old at the time!)

Anyone got any feedback re this service in Europe?

Marc

I don't see why you would. Phone mobilo and get the local number for france :)

I have found Mobilo-Life very good. Just a shame that I have had to use them really!
The number when abroad is 00442079757071.
I never bother with additional cover as what MB offer with Mobilo seems to be adequate.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thats saved £68 which was the RAC fee for 18 days in France.

Marc

Hi Marc,
I used it while i was in Paris with last year with my family. Just call the UK mobilo number if you need any help and they will arrange it for you.
Agree with Brian, service was first class.

Car problem :
I have W203 auto and the engine was cut off for no apparent reason. Called Mobilo up and they sent a mechanic over and have STAR diagnostic carried out on the car, found nothing wrong. So far happened to me 4 times.
Told the dealer what went wrong and asked them to check the AFM, again they said nothing wrong...sighhh..worry that it may happen again. Only time will tell.

Hi Marc,

I have been tring to get some info from the local stealers without success.
If you wish I can give you my phone number just in case you have problems down here, maybe I could help.

Bob

Thats very kind. Thank you for trying.

We're travelling to Villefranche sur Mer near Monaco and Nice in August (probably along with the most of the Frenach population but hey, its warm there)

I am waiting to hear from my local dealership as to whether the cover is sufficient to repatriate the car. They don't seem to like to discuss breakdowns on a new car they've sold you for £37,000...................

Thanks again

Marc

marc777 said:
Thats very kind. Thank you for trying.

We're travelling to Villefranche sur Mer near Monaco and Nice in August (probably along with the most of the Frenach population but hey, its warm there)

Marc
Yep, a lot of them will be there, the rest down here. A word of caution....last August was unbearably hot, over 40c/104f, so be ready for that just in case. The police will be having their usual clamp down then so keep your speed under 90 mph on the autoroutes.

Bob

Well worth making sure you have repatriation cover. I had to use it whilst in Italy a couple of years ago. It was at the end of my holiday and the RAC paid for me and friends to fly home whilst the car was transported back in a covered Lotus lorry (on its way back from delivering cars). Saved me the cost of petrol, tolls and ferry to drive back so I was quite happy. My local dealer then fixed the car very cheaply.

We were in Grimaud, near St Tropez last year, and it was HOT. Too hot. This year we have an apartment with Air-Con!

Last year did 100mph for much of the way down on the autoroutes and only saw one Gendarmes (actually went past him on his motorbike doing 110). I expect we've been lucky.

How severe are the speeding penalties? You hear allsorts of horror stories. A freind of mine had his radar detector confiscated and a 500 euro fine - and he wasn't using it. I'll leave my Road Angel at home I think.

Marc

Last edited:
Following pressure from the EU the French police have more radar units at their disposal and they are using them! I think the days of 100mph+ cruising on the autoroutes of France are over, still some great drives on the back roads though.
The fines are related to your excess speed. Over the limit by 20kph is getting into serious money so if you exceed 93.75mph it begins to get expensive. Above 106mph and you might be getting into bank loan territory.
Good idea to leave your Road Angel at home.
My advice is to stay within the speed limits, especially in August. Your averages will still be far higher than anything you could attain in the UK.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom