Mobilo-Life - replacement for RAC/AA?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulfoel

Hi,

I'm a new Mercedes owner (1999 C250TD) and want some info on this Mobilolife thing...

Is it a replacement for AA/RAC cover? Can it be used as such ? Or is it still advisable to get AA/RAC on top ?

Also, I'm led to believe that a certain amount of parts required are included in the service. Does that mean in theory you could 'stage' a breakdown for a faulty battery and get it replaced for free rather than book it in to the dealer ?

Finally, how reliable is the 24/7 Mobilo-life service ? Are they as good as the RAC/AA (i.e. 1 hour-ish to callout).

Hi Gary
I am still having trouble understanding the full extent of the mobilo life cover.

Is it breakdown cover/home start/continuation of journey etc?...and for how long?
I have read the link and have the leaflets etc...I am hoping the nice salespeople will explain it, when I pick the car up.

I think the parts/labour warranty is pretty cool...what do you think? .........lol

Joe

I'm not entirely sure. Those specific questions are not covered in enough detail. They do provide a Mobilo life number: 008 001 777 7777 for emergencies. I wonder if it would be okay to call them to ask specifics about the extent of cover?

I agree, the parts/labour warranty sounds excellent and I think is adequate enough to replace any sort of break-down cover offered by the AA, RAC, etc., although I would also like to know about the average callout time. I think it may be reasonable... they probably don't have too many callouts! lol

Joe, I will definitely ask the dealer or service people the answers to these questions when I pick up my car on Friday. I'll post what response they give me.

Must admit I don't know much about it either, wouldn't even know the number to call let alone if it covers home start etc. Hopefully I won't have to find out but I guess I should check.

Mobilo life is operated by the local MB dealer in a postcode area.

You call, one of the mechanics responds, if he cant fix the car on site it is collected and you get a loan (hire) car.

Other details are similar to AA 5 star.

Never used it but calls are definately covered quickly. If the appropriate mechanic can't cover the call one is brought in from the next area.

Does this mean that after my C220 is out of warranty, I only need to get it serviced from the stealership once every two year (and by an independent in the interim) in order to keep the mobilo cover valid???

Yes! Below is ripped from the 'Conditions for MobiloLife' webpage:

Every car needs regular servicing and care. This also applies to your Mercedes-Benz. Your onboard ASSYST computer indicates when the next service is due, depending on operating conditions.

The MobiloLife service is valid for new Mercedes-Benz passenger cars under the condition that

- from the fifth year after first registration by the DaimlerChrysler organization, all servicing is completely carried out by Mercedes-Benz service outlets in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications.
- the last service must not have been carried out more than two years prior to the claim to MobiloLife services.

Unfortunately I've had a bit of experience with Mobilo Life.
Fortunately it's all been positive... considering the cars bust !

Midnight at Stanstead airport - flat battery!
24hr Help line dispatched an RAC van that arrived within the hour.
RAC diagnoised a serious fuel leak and called for a tow truck.
RAC dropped us at the nearby Hilton hotel where Mobilo had arranged for a taxi to take us home. Car was towed to the Dealership and repaired under warranty.

:) Top marks for Mobilo,
:( boo sucks to passenger car quality...

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom