Mobilo Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Teflonso, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Teflonso

Teflonso Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 Estate (W212 Facelift)
    I've been reading the very useful Mobilo summary that someone posted. It prompted a bit of a question in my head. In fact, two of them. My car is 2013, so it looks like providing I continually get serviced approved or dealer, I get 30 years of cover. So far so good.

But presumably, it's only a glorified AA/RAC recovery to a dealer or a roadside repair at dealer prices? Am I correct that there's no warranty benefit once 3 years is up? On this basis, I'd be better off being recovered to an indy, who would be (slightly) cheaper for repairs.

Also, I'm pleased to see it includes tyre damage. Is this just on a repair / replace at dealer prices basis or are they effectively providing some level of tyre insurance?

Many thanks.

2. WOODYTHEWISE

WOODYTHEWISE Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E 500 Coupe.
    I have had occasion to use this service. They had my car recovered and taken to MB Ayr. They arranged a loan car to be delivered to my door. I got to keep the loan car until my car was repaired....5 days.
    The guy attending was an MB tech equipped with star. If he could have made a repair I would have paid for parts, no labour charges. The cost of a hire car...E class for a week more than covered the cost of my last service. I am all for it, views will differ.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Teflonso

Teflonso Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 Estate (W212 Facelift)
    Many thanks. Anyone got any tyre experience?

4. davidjpowell

davidjpowell Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
    No tyre experience, but they are pretty friendly. While they won't recover you to an independent, I have been followed to one to make sure that we made it.

Obviously if you get dealer recovered they have you covered.....

Chap who came out to us (twice), had done some pretty advanced repaired roadside, including a port inlet shut-off moter, which is a labour intensive job costing up to £1k at dealer rates. He did say that he just wanted to prove it could be done -could not persuade him to try again....

1 person likes this.