Mobilo rescue and a 212 Sport E class for ME!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have no problem with frameless doors. But my Mum did, many years ago.

She came back from a New Year's Day party and stumbled out of the passenger door of dad's Citroen DS Pallas, blind drunk. She slammed the door shut without letting the seat-belt buckle fully retract. The frameless door glass hit the buckle and ... the door glass shattered. Not a Happy New Year!

Have you got your old car back yet Steve? The reason I ask is that I changed the MAF sensors on mine last night and as a result my gearbox changes are considerably more logical and smooth! I wonder if yours might benefit from the same as I know that they recommend changing these sensors at 80K+ miles.

Have you got your old car back yet Steve? The reason I ask is that I changed the MAF sensors on mine last night and as a result my gearbox changes are considerably more logical and smooth! I wonder if yours might benefit from the same as I know that they recommend changing these sensors at 80K+ miles.

That could be it, it does it when cold only and its like the speed of the engine takes off. Sharply lifting off the throttle when it changes stops the thump.

It feels really slow after the CLS350cdi, the jump is very noticable.

I am however happy with the shed, its coping with this winter ok apart from 1 breadown which is in no way attributable to the weather.

However, although the CLS left a lasting impression, its the 212 strangely that I covert every time I see one. It was nice at the time, but after its gone, its really left a lasting, postive, impression.

REMAP is tempting, it never feels slow, more like riding on "tidal wave of torque and power"....

Why have a tidal wave when you can have a ****ing tsunami....

Remap a few £100 new car many £1000s.
My remap has made my car so much smoother, quicker and more economical. Isn't the engine in the CLS just the same as yours with a remap and differing injectors?
Also tried new E class 250CGi with 5 speed box. It's old technology and nowhere as smooth as 7G. There's something wrong with your box if you're preferring the 5 speed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom