Mobilo Vs Stand Alone Breakdown Cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

travelininstyle

Car
C-Class Sports Coupe AMG 220 Cdi
Hello Guys - for years,I could be accused of been one of those people whom if anything,over insured - car-house-travel etc.
I have come to renew my car insurance and it raised the inevitable question about the option of breakdown cover.
My car was registered in 2009 and therefore qualifies for mobilo cover - especially as its always serviced in accordance with schedules,at a MB Main dealership and has a complete service record - I have read through the Mobilo documents t&c and cannot see a circumstance where I might need additional stand alone breakdown cover,unless there is a compelling reason that members are aware of :dk: - so would prefer not to add another £40.00 to my policy - I once used mobilo due to a mis-fuel and they were very efficient - any thoughts re - stand alone break down cover would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
I am in a similar quandary (2010 car). In my case, due to health issues, I would not be able to change a wheel at the roadside after a puncture. But Mobilo details are vague on whether this 'minor mishap' would be covered. I am never quite sure what they would come out for and what they wouldn't.

Mobilo is a good package and at least as good as any stand alone cover. If you have it, don't bother with any other.

I am in a similar quandary (2010 car). In my case, due to health issues, I would not be able to change a wheel at the roadside after a puncture. But Mobilo details are vague on whether this 'minor mishap' would be covered. I am never quite sure what they would come out for and what they wouldn't.

You have a genuine query, so why not phone them and ask for written confirmation.

Mobilo is a good package and at least as good as any stand alone cover. If you have it, don't bother with any other.

What he said. It seems to be one of the few benefits of using main dealers.

Many thanks,I think if the car is regularly serviced as well and not so old - this should be okay.

I had to call Mobilo out after my battery went flat due to my error. Really efficient service and ended up with replacement new battery, FOC of course. I'll be sticking with them.

i have used mobilio a few times now, pretty good in general, probably better than AA or RAC due to the marque specific knowledge, only downside is the repair work goes to a dealer and charge typical dealer rates , but i guess that doesnt matter when your stuck and it needs fixing!

As above Mobilo will only recover you to a dealer and am sure if your on holiday that only includes to the nearest dealer.
This is good if you don't mind paying dealer labour rates.
All cars registered after April 08 have 4 years unconditional Mobilo cover, so servicing at independent does not affect the cover.
If your car is in warranty then Mobilo is the best 1 to have.
Stand alone AA, RAC and others depending on your package will recover you to a garage of choice & some still take you to where you were originally going. This is good of you know a good reputable independent that will be able to carry out repairs at reduced labour rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom