MOBILO.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
MB E500 C207 Coupe 2010.
Returning home from yet another shopping trip the Comand system suddenly shut down. A red picture of a battery appeared in the dash. No message. Reached home (15 miles ) entered the garage and turned the engine off. Just a click on attempting to restart.
Phoned Mobilo ( Holland ) and was told they would send a tech to assist. Within minutes i received a text from a Birmingham number. Was told there were no techs in the area and theywould be with me tomorrow in the am.
Bloody good job i am at home.
This is the second time i have used Mobilo. The 1st time (5 years ago ) was faultless.
The car was last serviced in March, whats more, it has a tier 1 warranty.

Thought I heard that Mobilo was being contracted out to RAC?

Thought I heard that Mobilo was being contracted out to RAC?
There's two types apparently, one is the standard RAC and the other is a MB specific van.

The guy that called here last time was one of the MB specific ones and showed me so on his liveried van, he remembered previous calls to me from when he was employed by Mobilo/Mb and drove an R class.

Had them out last Friday when My rear silencer fell off.

Guy came out in a Mercedes van but his but a few weeks ago with a similar issue it was RAC.

Service was still good from both.

I did ask the chap on the phone if the person calling tomorrow would be an MB Tech or from the AA/RAC...it was the former.
There's two types apparently, one is the standard RAC and the other is a MB specific van.

The guy that called here last time was one of the MB specific ones and showed me so on his liveried van, he remembered previous calls to me from when he was employed by Mobilo/Mb and drove an R class.

MB E500 C207 Coupe 2010.
Returning home from yet another shopping trip the Comand system suddenly shut down. A red picture of a battery appeared in the dash. No message. Reached home (15 miles ) entered the garage and turned the engine off. Just a click on attempting to restart.
Phoned Mobilo ( Holland ) and was told they would send a tech to assist. Within minutes i received a text from a Birmingham number. Was told there were no techs in the area and theywould be with me tomorrow in the am.
Bloody good job i am at home.
This is the second time i have used Mobilo. The 1st time (5 years ago ) was faultless.
The car was last serviced in March, whats more, it has a tier 1 warranty.

They would have asked for your location and have known you were at home.

The last time i used mobilo was when my CL600 dumped all the power steering oil/ABC over the garage floor...at home.
Within an hour the CL was picked up and a replacement MB was dropped off.

Perhaps they think there’s a chance they’ll be able to fix it? CL sounded like a workshop only job for sure.

I guess if you were away from home/stranded roadside they’d have had to make it a priority?

Yes indeed, i explained what had happened with the CL, the chap said it was a workshop job. Very impressed.
As for the E500 i would think you are correct.

Mobilo called this morning. Car started with no problem and no warnings on dash.
He tested battery ( new 2017) and the alternator....no problems showing.
Went for a test drive. Two miles nothing showing. As i pulled onto the drive the red battery warning appeared.
Retested...fault with alternator. Perhaps a loose connection that shows when engine is warm. Alternator covered under warranty.

In short...car to be collected and hire car delivered. :)

Continued......the RAC arrived mid afternoon Friday....in a transit van, no trailer. The chap measures the E Class and says it will not fit the tow dolly he has on board. He reports back to his control who order a flat bed, this arrives 8.30pm. The MB dealer closes st 7.0pm. I cant have a replacement car until mine is at the dealership.
Saturday.... 8.30 am car arrives at dealership, lady explains i should hear from Europcar shortly.
Mid afternoon nothing from Europcar.
I telephone Europcar who state they would deliver a Vauxhall corsa manual diesel. I told them i have a physical problem and a manual gearbox was of no use. They inform me that i will have to wait untill monday.
Get a call this morning at 8. 20am from Europcar...car on its way. 10.0am a VW Estate arrived....i have a look, its a manual. Car rejected. I show the delivery guy his own order form that states...Driver has a back problem. Needs an automatic.
11.20am today an A Class Automatic arrives.
Will let you know what i think of it in a separate thread.
Mobilo...RAC...911 flat bed....Europcar.
Four seperate companies. The last time i used Mobilo, prior to joining with the RAC it was perfect. All done in a matter of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom