moddin again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Ive been busy again :D this time on the inside and bought myself a new leather steering wheel and air bag,Just thought I'd share it with you all :D

newwheel.jpg

Where from Mark ? Stealer, or sourced elsewhere ?!

Looks great, anyway, nice 1.

S.

I got this one from mercland Quite reasonable I thought and very quick to respond Less than 24hr turnaround which I thought was very good. :bannana: :bannana:

Reactions: sym
Cool - well done you:D

pammy said:
Cool - well done you:D

Looks good - well done on the install...

Thats the same wheel that I have but my star is just black, can you get that centre section on its own and swap them over???

lotusmark2 said:
Thats the same wheel that I have but my star is just black, can you get that centre section on its own and swap them over???
Technically you have to swap the airbag unit, which costs a fortune. If you want to take the risk you can pop the existing star off and glue another one on, but it might affect the opening of the airbag :eek: .

Shude said:
Technically you have to swap the airbag unit, which costs a fortune. If you want to take the risk you can pop the existing star off and glue another one on, but it might affect the opening of the airbag :eek: .
Ah.......
I think the black one looks great :D (he says changing his story thinking about the cost of an airbag)

lotusmark2 said:
Ah.......
I think the black one looks great :D (he says changing his story thinking about the cost of an airbag)
I've got some Silver nail polish:D we could paint it:D

pammy said:
Errrrr NO! :D
Silver nail polish eh...... bit of a goth thing going on? ;)

Plugger, those pedals do look the biz, really must get around to doing them

pammy said:
Never seen a car touched up with si....sil.....shiney grey nail polish :D

Had I not been able to source an airbag with the chrome star, I was considering an attempt with lots of strategically placed masking tape, and some chrome effect spray paint, to avoid having to tamper with the airbag or stick anything to it . . . don't know what it would have looked like, but the genuine article looks pretty good.

I have a spare all black airbag at home which I may experiment with at some stage !

S.

sym said:
Had I not been able to source an airbag with the chrome star, I was considering an attempt with lots of strategically placed masking tape, and some chrome effect spray paint, to avoid having to tamper with the airbag or stick anything to it . . . don't know what it would have looked like, but the genuine article looks pretty good.

I have a spare all black airbag at home which I may experiment with at some stage !

S.

I was thinking of doing that once with all the masking tape and chrome spray,Even bought some chrome spray which looked "blah" so looked up some "silver leaf" from a craft shop wasnt too bad on the test piece but never got around doing anything too the air bag tho.Much better getting the real thing and doing a proper job,Not as dear as first thought If you source from a good breakers yard.Come on everyone you know you want too :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom