Model specific RVM integrated OBD dashcams from Kammu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
Catchy title, eh?

I can't believe I've not come across these before, but this website sells dashcams which integrate into the rear view mirror housing using a dedicated plastic moulding to replace the original trim.

Interestingly it takes power from the OBD port, not just vehicle data. I've not seen this before, so is this innovation or is there a reason that other dashcam manufacturers favour the cigar/accessory socket or hardwire.

Very subtle, and they seem fully featured. Surprising that a Google search yields little about them, a few mixed reviews but little more. Has anyone got any first hand experience?

Not heard of them but saved the link.

There's quite a bit going on near the mirrors on my E Class so I would be concerned about interference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting.

I did a "huge" amount of research into which dashcam to get for us. The list and choices are endless. I finally opted for a Nexbase Dual (front & Rear view) HD with night vision.

It does what it says on the tin, requires absolutely no fiddling or button pushing. Just wire it in (use a piggy back fuse adapter) and off you go.

Halfords (awaits the usual howls of derision from those who have not used them for this) installed it in less than 30 minutes. It has a motion detector and will record carpark bumps etc. The quality is first class (night and day). All for less then £180 fitted.

Catchy title, eh?

I can't believe I've not come across these before, but this website sells dashcams which integrate into the rear view mirror housing using a dedicated plastic moulding to replace the original trim.

Interestingly it takes power from the OBD port, not just vehicle data. I've not seen this before, so is this innovation or is there a reason that other dashcam manufacturers favour the cigar/accessory socket or hardwire.

Very subtle, and they seem fully featured. Surprising that a Google search yields little about them, a few mixed reviews but little more. Has anyone got any first hand experience?

I got a total of 3 from aliexpress.com for my 2014 C204. The first that arrived looked nothing like the picture from the product page and I had a hell of a time convincing the seller that it was wrong.

So, I returned it and they sent me another one. It was listed as fitting a W212 but looked like the cover on my mirror mount.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hid...-Recorder-Dash-Cam-Black-Box/32781847327.html

Anyway, it didn't fit so I ordered another from a different supplier that looked even more like my cover

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/192...2015-FinalCam-Control-by-APP/32699506042.html

Again, this didn't seem to fit despite looking like the clips and brackets were correct.

So, in the end I bought a DDPai Mini 2.

If anyone wants to try the 2 spare dashcams I have, let me know.

BTW - powering from the OBDII port is used just because it is convenient, but it provides an always-on 12v supply so could drain the battery if left on for a long time.

I can't work it out; does it fit over the rain sensor? - They've got a generic model which specifically says it can't be used with the rain sensor.

I can't work it out; does it fit over the rain sensor? - They've got a generic model which specifically says it can't be used with the rain sensor.

Yes it replaces the existing cover.

I bought the BlackView 650 2 camera system only thing i added to it was a polarised filter for the front

Where did you get the filter from. After one but hard to find one that's been tried and tested

I wouldn't think it's possible to use the ODBII port on the ML/GL/R Class, because the socket is just above the pedals. Any plug you insert will be ripped-out of the socket when you hit the brakes (and not in a nice way).

Assuming yoju have "normal" sized shoes.....Kate Moss would probably be ok, but of course, she wouldn't need any more cameras!

I've found a similar (if not the same) camera listed on AliExpress, but for around a third of the price as the one included in my original post.

Never used Aliexpress before, and a little weary, anything I should know about Aliexpress or the seller Sinosmart?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/192...lgo_pvid=04ce3053-986a-43d6-b35f-dc7087a56c16

Only my experience above. Aliexpress is a marketplace for various Chinese sellers so your experience may be different to mine. If the cover you posted looks exactly the same as on your car, including the dimensions then give it a try.

Mine one from Sinosmart looked OK but the clips did not latch on for some reason and I didn't want to force it in case it damaged the rain sensor / auto light.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom