Modern/contemporary computer desk suggestions please.

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

Having just got a nice new computer we fancy revamping our very tiring office. Our existing desk is near enough 20 years old and was only about £100 IIRC so we're well overdue.

Budgeting around £500 for the desk. I'm more than happy to make a drawer pack or two if needs be.

Spotted this as a starting point: Hudson desk white - dwell - £399

Our only other criteria is modern. We have a houseful of Oak furniture and fancy something different in the office.

TIA, Ant.

Lots of custom desk ideas on YouTube Ant ;)

Will cost far less than £500 too :p

Have you thought about a robust height adjustable one that can double up as the Friday night leaner....?

I have been in a number of offices in Sweden/Denmark and they often have the height adjustable 'ergonomic' desks that can be set to any height, even to the point where the desk jockey is actually standing up.

A great idea if you are at the desk ALL day. But they do look pricey though ££££

my computer desk is actually a length of breakfast bar worktop on eight ikea legs with a ladder frame "chassis", not very stylish but as it is 900mm deep it means that the monitors are a decent distance away

my computer desk is actually a length of breakfast bar worktop on eight ikea legs with a ladder frame "chassis", not very stylish but as it is 900mm deep it means that the monitors are a decent distance away
My work desk is an ikea glass top on chrome ikea legs.

I think it's originally designed as a dining table but the legs adjust as I prefer a high desk and it's massive which suits me as I tend to spread my work across the desk.

The glass is opaque so I'm not staring at my knees all day.

Completely nothing like what you've found already, but considering you were open the idea of making one yourself, what about a lean to desk?

Something similar to this.

House by John Lewis Anton Leaning Desk at John Lewis & Partners

That looks effective Mike and very modern. however, to get a desk with a decent surface area it'd have to be on a big scale and our office is fairly small.

Even cheaper!

RAF Tornado Wing Spoiler Will make a great Table, Desk, or Shelf | eBay

That, mega polished. Or even just power washed, Matt lacquer to show the ‘patina’

It’s got me thinking about our home office now......o_O

Yikes, now that would be a great talking point. I could fabricate a great story when people visit on how I managed to have such a thing in my possession. :)

Have you thought about a robust height adjustable one that can double up as the Friday night leaner....?

I think a height adjustable chair is a much simpler idea. :D

Have you seen Jual home office furniture, Ant?

Thanks for that Mike, some interesting and unusual shapes there. Shame they seem to be a little in the small side for our needs.

Making & fitting kitchens is a huge part of my job so I have no desire to be sat at a Kitchen worktop whilst doing my dreaded office work. That'd like being kicked in the nuts twice. :)

View attachment 80567
Made this from IKEA kitchen furniture a couple of years ago. Will dig out some more shots.

Looks great Jay. What a nice big room too. :thumb:

But as above, not wanting anything with kitchen looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My work desk is an ikea glass top on chrome ikea legs.

I think it's originally designed as a dining table but the legs adjust as I prefer a high desk and it's massive which suits me as I tend to spread my work across the desk.

The glass is opaque so I'm not staring at my knees all day.

Yeah, we spotted this but wondered how much time we'd spend having to keep it extra clean. :crazy:

https://dwell.co.uk/102748

....Our only other criteria is modern. We have a houseful of Oak furniture and fancy something different in the office.......

Thanks for that, no doubt value for money but I don’t think you read my brief. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom