Modern/contemporary computer desk suggestions please.

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How about something industrial? Perhaps with scaffolding, maybe integrating something interesting like the instrument binnacle from an old, but something unique.

A man of your skills could recreate something like this to fit your space and for a fraction of the price. A man of my (lack of) skills must pay an arm and a leg.

Ethan Reclaimed Scaffolding Board Industrial Style Desk with Built In Storage, Overhead Monitor Mounting Rails and Corner Under Shelf

How about something industrial? Perhaps with scaffolding, maybe integrating something interesting like the instrument binnacle from an old, but something unique.

A man of your skills could recreate something like this to fit your space and for a fraction of the price. A man of my (lack of) skills must pay an arm and a leg.

Ethan Reclaimed Scaffolding Board Industrial Style Desk with Built In Storage, Overhead Monitor Mounting Rails and Corner Under Shelf

Another very cool idea there Rob. Thanks for that. However, I use scaffolding regularly so it’d just remind me of work. :(

Enjoying the ideas though. Keep them coming. :thumb:

Take your own pick, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and your idea of beauty is very different to most - so maybe stop asking people to guess what you find nice.

adjustable height desks - Google Search

Just be sure you get an adjustable one or you will almost certainly be sorry, especially if you don't earn your living at a desk but need to occupy one from time to time only. They are killers if you get the ergonomics wrong - something a tradesmen would NEVER suspect - but a lounge if you get them right.

See how with this one you can also move the screens up and down independently of the adjustable table top. THAT is your nirvana, especially when combined with not having to get out of the wheel chair after you have been to the shops for your morning run - unless you want to.
You could also have preset heights bit like presets in the car seat so it goes to your position after somebody else has used it.
This also has a screen bar to clip screens onto rather than have to find extra space on a busy desk for an extra machine - and loose that space to a mass of wires. Good for hanging speakers off too.

adjustable-height-office-desk-lovely-elliptical-machine-adjustable-height-desk-the-green-head-of-adjustable-height-office-desk.jpg

Last edited:
When it comes to dressing it up, you can colour it any way you like...

Height%2BAdjustable%2BDesk.jpg

Last edited:
Some very smart Moaris are combining Swamp Kauri with exquisite Greenstone inlays and independent sculptures. The two materials seem to work very well together.

images

Imagine a beam of re-used Oak as the screen bar on a swap kauri table top with greenstone edging inlay.

Get yourself a nice leather blotter - in black or a dark orange ochre/copper colour.

Last edited:

See how with this one you can also move the screens up and down independently of the adjustable table top. THAT is your nirvana, especially when combined with not having to get out of the wheel chair after you have been to the shops for your morning run - unless you want to.
You could also have preset heights bit like presets in the car seat so it goes to your position after somebody else has used it.
This also has a screen bar to clip screens onto rather than have to find extra space on a busy desk for an extra machine - and loose that space to a mass of wires. Good for hanging speakers off too.

adjustable-height-office-desk-lovely-elliptical-machine-adjustable-height-desk-the-green-head-of-adjustable-height-office-desk.jpg

A little OTT for our needs I'm afraid. I'm a builder, not a dentist.

Yep and the first time a Builder spends any time at a desk THAT's when the problems start, if not now into the future as you get older. Don't buy yourself a torture chamber. Do buy yourself something you can stand up at, I know of no busy person who sits exclusively anymore, stand and deliver seems to have morphed into something new... :):)

He needs to do quotes for customers ffs. :doh: :wallbash:

Are you saying a builder can't sit down for a few minutes without getting injured? What even are you saying? It's incomprehensible.

Last edited:
A bed tray now? Links to New Zealand websites? None of us live in NZ but you. It's a .co.uk! You've been told before and had threads locked for posting NZ related content, nobody is interested it's irrelevant.

Just be sure you get an adjustable one or you will almost certainly be sorry, especially if you don't earn your living at a desk but need to occupy one from time to time only. They are killers if you get the ergonomics wrong - something a tradesmen would NEVER suspect - but a lounge if you get them right.

Surely if he's only at at desk a brief period of time then ergonomics matters less than someone who spends all their time sat at a desk?

I do earn my living sat at a desk and always have done. I've never had any ergonomic mouse mats, adjustable desks or any of that rubbish. I don't have RSI, I don't have back trouble, I'm not overweight, you've just taken over this thread to post drivel.

And back to the original topic.

Ant. I did some research the other night but forgot to post.

Here’s a few ideas:

Mac Desks

And... apologies if this link has been posted before. Only got dribble Internet on the beach so can’t see too much.

https://www.made.com

I like the Eidelweiss.

A slab of rough sawn timber sitting on simple posts or even building bricks/blocks looks right if you have the interir designers knack. If you are doing quotes you need SPACE for drawings at least. I use a piece of Rimu 1050 mm by 1400 mm, 25 mm thick. With a gloss two pot over it it is tough enough to withstand cutting tools files etc etc without scratching the wood if you ever end up with tools on your desk as well.

And back to the original topic.

Ant. I did some research the other night but forgot to post.

Here’s a few ideas:

Mac Desks

And... apologies if this link has been posted before. Only got dribble Internet on the beach so can’t see too much.

https://www.made.com

I like the Eidelweiss.

He’s been banned Chris :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom