Modified car insurance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

npuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
Insurance is due for renewal soon.

What to find out which insurance companies members on here are using for modified car insurance that offers like for like replacement on on standard parts and also are okay with engine remaps.

Thanks.

Admiral insure mine, but wont pay for the replacement mods if they are damaged, only standard parts.

I got a good quote as a result.

I use Admiral...you can add the mods on their website.

My remaps on my proposal as engine chip 00-10% BHP increase and my exhaust as exhaust/manifold non standard.

Marty

MSM Insurance brokers are great with modded Smarts might be another option to the big guys.

Kate

As above, Admiral, just click on all the mods you've got. My previous car had several mods but it made very little difference with Admiral insurance. I am older, so that obviously helps.
Really worth it in the event of an accident and it's obvious (body kit - wheels) that the cars not standard.

I'd take a look on here as it is a common issue.

Names that spring to mind though are:

Adrian Flux
A-Plan
Sky Insurance (make sure you say you are the member of a forum to them, they like that and will generally offer a discount)
Keith Michaels - Scooby owners only speak to a guy called Gary Moulson and no one else. Not sure what it will be like for other marques. Worth a look though.

m.

Adrian Flux for my supercharged ML.

Adrian Flux, HIC or Brentacre

Swinton with the policy underwritten by Fortis, for SWMBO A8 running nearly 450 bhp which includes all sorts of mods and of course the new SS exhaust it was £43 dearer than a standard A8.

Shocked the hell out of me as Peter Best, adrian flux etc were much more expensive, but she did get a fantastic discount because of her job with Swinton which was not on offer from the other insurers except Kwik fit.

Adrian flux for me... i was with them when i had my modified focus...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom