modified the Stratton AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talbir

MB Enthusiast
Ok, this w107 SL is an original Stratton car with the ful package : AMG Heads+cams, wheels, bodykit, suspension and exhuast.

But it was VERY red....all red, everything on the body red ! So decided to do something AMG did many years ago.....came out STUNNING !

talbir

Last edited:
Very nice.

In fact, very, very nice.

Not my own personal cup of tea, but I bet seen in the flesh its a stunner.

Well done sir.

R107s just shouldn't look like this :eek:.

Better than all red. The colour-coded wheels don't work for me though.

Talbir ,

Do you remember ' The Weapon ' ?

It was an AMG SL just like that , used to wear the numberplate ' AK 47 ' ..

Very nice by the way , love the old skool motors !

H

Yep, AK 47.....AMG's press car...that's what this car is based on.

People who say SL's shouldn't look this way (and they are usually those who don't own or have knowledge of AMG mercs) need to write into AMG and complain....AMG were the ones who designed the look, not me !

talbir

Hi Talbir,
Any chance of any interior shots please?

Regards
John

What's the spec on it mate ?

Couldn't see it listed in your signature ....

That TE in the background looks nice too ...

People who say SL's shouldn't look this way (and they are usually those who don't own or have knowledge of AMG mercs) need to write into AMG and complain....AMG were the ones who designed the look, not me !

Why do you need to own an AMG to have an opinion on what it looks like? I had a very early R107 - the lines are elegant - certainly not as pretty as the W113 Pagoda SL but nonetheless beautiful. These cars don't suit bodykits hence 99% of them are standard. The AMG kitted SL Peter Jarvis is selling has been up for sale for more than 3 years. I wonder why :rolleyes: ;).

AMG's 80s designs that you and Howard love so much are, in my opinion, hideous. I don't like SECs and I didn't like Nav's R107 :eek:.

It's your car; you like it so that's all that matters. If, however, you're going you post photos on a forum then expect varying responses to your taste!

Stats ..... you know me !! Love the old skool !!

Saying that , the w124 is going soon :( hopefully ....

I just love the stuff that AMG used to do before they were part of MB .

I'd be tempted to repaint the wheel centres black, I think it would provide more balance.

De chroming looks outstanding on Black and dark cars I'm not wholly sure it works on red, maybe the wheel colour change would sort that a little.

Stats ..... you know me !! Love the old skool !!

Saying that , the w124 is going soon :( hopefully ....

I just love the stuff that AMG used to do before they were part of MB .

I know you do. You also like white cars...

..oh bugger!

I would have never bought one new (money issues aside), but I like the enthusiasm for authenticity with these cars - if that his how they looked at the time, then I think that Talbir is to be commended for keeping them original - its not really a question of taste anymore.

Modern AMGs are hardly subtle..

I also really enjoy it that the pics of his drive look like a scene from Scarface :D

Keep 'em coming.

Ade

LOL, I don't think any AMG is subtle :)

I have so much respect for what Talbir does with his cars, if I lived locally he would be sick of me volunteering to help in any way possible!

I have to agree with stats.. never liked any bodykit on R107's.. they are perfect as they are.. the last generation ones anyway...hence i have kept mine totally unmodified..

Still have a LOT of respect for talbirs collection though!

It's your car; you like it so that's all that matters. If, however, you're going you post photos on a forum then expect varying responses to your taste!

did i object to your opinion ?

No, all i said was where to stick it. This is a forum, so expect varying responses to your opinions.

talbir

I have to agree with stats.. never liked any bodykit on R107's.. they are perfect as they are.. the last generation ones anyway...hence i have kept mine totally unmodified..

Still have a LOT of respect for talbirs collection though!

w126's and w107s ....neither need a bodykit for sure....it's just a variance on the stock look which works very well if done right.

Perfect they maybe as stock but when done right as AMG intended them, they are perfection ! :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom