Modifying a new car purchased on finance?.......... Beware.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder if the same thing happened to Stef AB TV who modded an A45 and then suddenly changed cars.

And officially gassed, who professed his undying love for his A45 which was modded beyond belief and then ... boom , it is gone and now he has a golf r.

My thoughts are pretty much in line with everyone else here. He doesn't own the car yet, BMW finance do. His heavy modifications have come to the notice (unsurprisingly thanks to social media and YT) of BMW and the car is not suitable to be returned to the dealership as it stands.
Had he got a bank loan, or financed the car outside of the dealership, he may have escaped BMW's attention but its done now. I believe his YT videos were his downfall.

I wonder if anyone here has bought a new MB using MB finance and then proceeded to wring a load more horsepower from the engine before settling the loan?:devil::D

Is it too harsh for me to think that people are this ignorant.

It's not the first time this bloke has had issues with his car, i remember seeing a video where his insurance company called him with regards to mods he carried out but hadn't as yet declared.

Wheres the sense....

A new video has been posted on the latest situation regarding the M4 on finance. Scroll through to 5:40 to avoid the chit chat.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At 7:20 he says "The message is that you need to read the terms and conditions".

I guess this is the age of social media.... a one-liners is delivered in two eleven-minutes video clips.

I guess brevity is not a virtue these days.

BMW were right to do what they did. you've got to pay to play and looks like he's finally done the former after doing plenty of the latter ...

Many moons ago I did a couple of Palmer Motorsport days when they were based at Bruntingthorpe. One of the cars I drove was a Golf VR6 (told you it was a long time ago!), complete with roll cage, instructor's brake pedal, etc. I asked the instructor what they did with the cars when they'd finished with them. "They have the cage and other mod's stripped out, and then go back to VW who put them through the dealer network as approved used, low-mileage cars", came the reply.

I suppose, technically, that the "low-mileage" claim was correct - just that most of those miles had been covered bouncing off the rev-limiter...
I wonder if MB at Brooklands do the same with their track cars.......? :rolleyes:

I’m not too sure what to make of this guy - he’s essentially advertised his own stupidity to the world?

Mind you, there a umpteen examples of people on this very forum who brag about removing maps etc before taking it to the dealers for a service or recall or whatever and tuners who spout things like “won’t affect your warranty” etc so it’s probably not that much of a surprise that it’s so prevalent.

Ultimately, this dudes problem lied with him broadcasting it for all the world to see!

his car wasnt simply remapped... it went through multiple stages of modification including methanol injection and upgraded turbos etc , a simple remap, this was not !

his car wasnt simply remapped... it went through multiple stages of modification including methanol injection and upgraded turbos etc , a simple remap, this was not !

It’s funny that people keep saying “a simple remap” like it’s nothing. It takes the car out of its original parameters significantly. Nice thread on the BMW forum of a guy rebuilding his engine after running an “aggressive” map. Everything has its price.

It’s funny that people keep saying “a simple remap” like it’s nothing. It takes the car out of its original parameters significantly. Nice thread on the BMW forum of a guy rebuilding his engine after running an “aggressive” map. Everything has its price.
I stand by that. A remap or tuning box wont give an m4 an alleged 700hp which is what he claims replacing the turbos and installing a methanol injection system did.

not all remaps significantly take the car out of it's original parameters. in fact some tunes don't increase power much at all, if at all, and sometimes are just used to make an engine more economical or make power delivery or even transmission shifting smoother etc. Depends on the purpose of the tune. Manufacturers also update the ECU software from time to time. Assuming you're only interested in hp power, then yes perhaps some tunes are poorly designed and can put to much strain on engines, transmissions etc But putting 700hp snd not modifying the transmission goes a few steps further than a remap

"A big middle finger to all you haters out there..."

And a big bill to you, sunshine.

"I just fort I was going to lose my warranty..." Well, you were right about that at least.

I guess this is the age of social media.... a one-liners is delivered in two eleven-minutes video clips.
I guess brevity is not a virtue these days.

I detest the trend towards video's for everything these days whether it's the BBC news web site or some wannabe on you tube. I'm too old with not enough time left on this world to sit through video's that don't get to the point until they are half way through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom