Mojave Silver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Hi Folks
I am in the unfortunate position of not being as mobile as I once was which means going to a dealership is not an option.

I would like our new vehicle to be a metallic Beige or similar.. Maybe Champagne Gold but none of these colours are available, hence my trying to get in touch with the powers that be regarding Designo options. Our local dealer here in the South-West has no ideas about this and told me they can only offer colours listed for the E-class that does include three designo colours, none of which we want.

The dealer we are using in Belgium has also not had any experience regarding getting a car sprayed in a designer type colour but they are speaking with the head office in Brussels.

In the meantime, they believe that 'Mojave Silver' is a sort of beige colour??

What are the views of folks here on the forum, is it a beige type colour, or is it simply a dark shade of silver?

I would love the opportunity to see a car in the flesh but that is not an option.

Mojave Silver just looks, well, silver to me. You might want to check out a colour called Dune Silver (if you can get it).

Cheers,

Gaz

Hi Folks
I am in the unfortunate position of not being as mobile as I once was which means going to a dealership is not an option.

I would like our new vehicle to be a metallic Beige or similar.. Maybe Champagne Gold but none of these colours are available, hence my trying to get in touch with the powers that be regarding Designo options. Our local dealer here in the South-West has no ideas about this and told me they can only offer colours listed for the E-class that does include three designo colours, none of which we want.

The dealer we are using in Belgium has also not had any experience regarding getting a car sprayed in a designer type colour but they are speaking with the head office in Brussels.

In the meantime, they believe that 'Mojave Silver' is a sort of beige colour??

What are the views of folks here on the forum, is it a beige type colour, or is it simply a dark shade of silver?

I would love the opportunity to see a car in the flesh but that is not an option.
Don’t mess about John, contact these guys at the Centre of Excellence:

designo / Dreamcars:
Consultant
Andreas Künkel
E-Mail: [email protected]

Mojave Silver is quite a hard colour to pin down IMO; in full sunshine there’s a nice gold hue whereas in any other weather it looks bronze (to my eyes anyway)

I know it doesn’t help, I’m sure, but thought it was worth mentioning that Land Rover do the colour I think you’re after and it’s called Aruba:C4A1EE6F-9DC1-41C9-9D44-6956835C5F9F.jpeg

Why not look at the MB used website , from memory there are a few Mojave silver GLCs on there, might give you an idea of what it looks like.The closest I can find is a GLC at MB Exeter about 25 miles away.

Last edited:
If going down the centre of excellence route, Mercedes 723 ‘cubanite silver’.... I am biased though!

First off a quick reply to my good friend Bobby Dazzler

As soon as the post regarding the Centre of Elegance was posted, I opened it up, got the 'Contact' email address and sent them off a quick email. So far no reply but I will not let it go.

Thank you very much for posting that picture and yes, I have seen that and a few others. It confuses the heck out of me.

Gaz
I tend to agree about it looking silver but as you can see from Knight's image, that beige type hue would be ideal and match the interior but I do NOT want silver...

Funny story
Our E-class estate is teallite Blue and seven days after getting the car the neighbour that lives two doors down took delivery of their teallite blue E320Cdi estate. Yup the exact same car, the exact same model and the exact same colour, what are the odds? At least their car did not have the sliding rear floor feature :) Now, just about every Mercedes we see is either black or silver......

Is Mojave a standard colour in Belgium? Mojave is a lovely colour, probably best described as “dirty” silver using my poor grasp of the English language.

It does indeed have a hint of beige. I’d say it’s a derivative of silver, whereas I’d say that Cubanite was similar but a derivative of grey - another lovely colour.

I’ve only ever seen Mojave on G63 and it looks fantastic!

If you seriously consider using the Centre of Excellence, then take a look at Ferrari colours - they have quite a few similar gold-ish colours available.

Is Mojave a standard colour in Belgium? Mojave is a lovely colour, probably best described as “dirty” silver using my poor grasp of the English language.

It does indeed have a hint of beige. I’d say it’s a derivative of silver, whereas I’d say that Cubanite was similar but a derivative of grey - another lovely colour.

I’ve only ever seen Mojave on G63 and it looks fantastic!

If you seriously consider using the Centre of Excellence, then take a look at Ferrari colours - they have quite a few similar gold-ish colours available.
Hi Bobby
I might be getting the wrong idea about this Centre of Excellence.

I thought customers went there, ordered their vehicle in a specific colour, this vehicle was then sprayed that colour whilst on the assembly line. The last thing I would want is to have a new car resprayed to the colour of my choice.

It looks like I might have to get into my stretched limo, bite the bullet, take the pain like a man and travel up to Exeter IF... They have this Mojave.

Ooops very nearly forgot to answer your question.
The person I am dealing with clearly has the patience of a saint and YES, he can have it sprayed in Mojave silver

Yes
Hi Bobby
I might be getting the wrong idea about this Centre of Excellence.

I thought customers went there, ordered their vehicle in a specific colour, this vehicle was then sprayed that colour whilst on the assembly line. The last thing I would want is to have a new car resprayed to the colour of my choice.

It looks like I might have to get into my stretched limo, bite the bullet, take the pain like a man and travel up to Exeter IF... They have this Mojave.

Ooops very nearly forgot to answer your question.
The person I am dealing with clearly has the patience of a saint and YES, he can have it sprayed in Mojave silver
Yes through the Centre is Excellence you can have your car any colour of your choice, inside and out.

Ref the GLC in Exeter, it's on the main MB site but does not appear on the used car website for MB Exeter , so probably best to contact them first.

Thanks Scooby and I definitely do plan to chat with them before going up there. I wonder how these overcast and very wet days will effect this colour if sunlight helps to give it that tint which makes that colour look acceptable.

Thanks Scooby and I definitely do plan to chat with them before going up there. I wonder how these overcast and very wet days will effect this colour if sunlight helps to give it that tint which makes that colour look acceptable.
If you went late in the day you may be able to see it in daylight and under floodlights. Not bright sunlight but it will give you another perspective on the colour.

John, if you Google Mojave Silver Mercedes and then click on Images, you will see many pictures of MBs in that colour.

Whether it is un-silver enough for you, tbh I doubt it.

Thank you Jdrrco and yes, been doing that but this video is killing it for me. I think Bobby hits the nail on the head when he describes it as a 'Dirty' silver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom