Monaco royalty 500SEC AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G55AMG

Prince Rainier of Monaco's AMG 500SEC, just 8400 kms!

AUCTION

I know it's not a widebody, but how freakin nice is that. 29 years in the Riviera climate won't have done it much harm :thumb:

WOW. That is a stunner.

Yes, even though not a WB, it still looks amazing.

One the of the finest Mercs ever IMO.

What a classy machine.

it's very nice but why do i find myself drooling over that citroen?

Most of the action will have been on the back seat not the driver's...

Looks to be a bargain if its goes for the estimate. Anyone here going to bid?

Very nice. Wonder why not a 560 though?

Guys lets not get too excited... its been nicely polished but its an early 500 with no engine modifications only AMG bodykit and penta wheels....

The only really desirable factor is the mileage and condition... for that id say its worth 15-20K

If it had the 32V DOHC AMG modified engine then id be booking my easyjet right now.

i love it. Jay, you are probably right about the engine etc but its got rather good provenance and it looks a beauty. that said it does sound like the service history is a bit patchy!

Re price.....I doubt you will find a finer, low mileage SEC with AMG kit on it in the world today + it comes with great provenance.

Check out the other car auctions, some weird and wonderful versions of Peugeots. Citroens & Renaults including a Peugeot 406 Coupe, Citroen ZX Cabrio & a Renault 25 Turbo Limo. A couple of odd Mercedes including the ******* child of a G wagon and odd tintop cabrio versions of a CLK and a BMW 3-Series.

The extra Recaros are worth a few bob too...

I'd be very surprised if that doesn't end up with Mercedes Somewhere as a Museum piece.

The AMG factory should have that car.

Sale results now public: EUR117,609!

And that's before 21% commission and VAT :p

Wow!

Last edited:
Guys lets not get too excited... its been nicely polished but its an early 500 with no engine modifications only AMG bodykit and penta wheels....

It still went for 10 times the estimate though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom