Monitoring your Electric usage - Alertme.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
".........you can add to the setup with further devices that you can control from your iPhone like plug sockets and lights".

Thank you for just reminding me of this. More than 10 years ago, I put together a UK tour for Supertramp's American guitar player, who lives in an exclusive canyon outside L.A. He was always complaining about how little money he was making. On the last night of the tour, Supertramp's sax player came along and played a few tunes with the band. Before the gig, they were swapping stories about how well they were doing. The American boasted that when he was flying into LAX, the flight path was close to his house and he could dial his home phone number, punch in a code and it would switch on his outdoor hot tub. By the time he arrived home from the airport, the water temperature was just right.

Despite busting my ar*se to put his first ever UK tour together the tight bas**ard never even bought me a drink on the whole tour........not that I'm bitter or anything!!

If a charger is plugged in, but not charging, then it is NOT consuming electricity. If you want to know the amount used on standby it will be on the rating plate/label of the appliance. As I said modern appliances use next to nothing. To use 100 watts I would have to have 110 42" lcd tvs.

I suspect the drop was more to do with the fridge kicking off when you made the readings. Even doing nothing the readings will fluctuate by as much as 300watts as your fridges and freezers etc cycle on and off.

I did say in my post " stuff that does not necessarily have to be on....that includes, internet routers, and any associated networking equipment, laptop chargers that are connected to the laptops that are not switched on etc.

The fridge kicking off makes the meter jump by 200w.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom