Monster Scratch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beardz

Car
Merc E220 (S212) CDi SE Exec Estate & Merc CLK320 Cabrio A209
In the last 2 days some div has decided it would amuse them by keying my car from front wing all the way to the rear lights deep enough to show the white primer underneath:mad:

I looking for advice on bodyshops that can rectify this issue at a reasonable rate? Looking for quality at an affordable price (aren't we all?).

The car is a E220 estate (212) in tenorite grey and I am in the Northampton area.

Your recommendations would be very welcome.

Steve

Beardz sorry to hear about this.Some low life that is against people that work for their enjoyment. Only know if its metalic paint it will be hard and might need a full sde respray .But ,now if it is celulose paint and not metalic it can be done with not to much work You see most MBs have a clear coat on top and it could be thats whats showing white .Might come out with a polish.I have done ordinary paint scratches .Just paint them over with fine brush ,lap that down with wet and dry ,and then polish it with T cut . Check out a paint shop . Or smart repair .Good luck

I'm from Northants, what area is this?

Happened to me a few years ago with my CL500, all the way down one side wing to rear qtr, gutted, I decided not to put it through my insurance, my local body shop charged me £400 for repair...

ash59fifty-uk said:
I'm from Northants, what area is this?

Jimmy's end Northampton

optimusprime said:
Beardz sorry to hear about this.Some low life that is against people that work for their enjoyment. Only know if its metalic paint it will be hard and might need a full sde respray .But ,now if it is celulose paint and not metalic it can be done with not to much work You see most MBs have a clear coat on top and it could be thats whats showing white .Might come out with a polish.I have done ordinary paint scratches .Just paint them over with fine brush ,lap that down with wet and dry ,and then polish it with T cut . Check out a paint shop . Or smart repair .Good luck

It is a metallic so I'm worried about getting it matched up without it being obvious that it has been resprayed.

It's deep enough that you can feel it with your finger nail!

Cheers for the support all the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom